Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portarlington Speed Cameras

• 06-12-2010 9:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

They seem to be targetting the traffic approaching SIAC('Butlers ') /Port Tyres from Dublin side ...twice in last week or 10 days ...These vans have a kind of spout over the rear passenger side...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

And also fail to stop properly at stop signs and pull out in front of on coming traffic...........well they did this evening at centra beside the train station.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭adser53

Scumbags

• Subscribers Posts: 41,725 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

last monday evening they were parked out at kilbride (thats about 2 miles out the portlaoise road)....

and it was pissing snow!!!! traffic going at about 20mph!!!!!

well done boys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Doogieboogie

I passed one coming out of Port last week towards Dublin, it was minus six, eight o'clock at night, the roads were like glass and everyone was doing about 50kmph (in an 80 zone) Really good use of resources there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

They will prob use its results as findings of how 'succesful' they are in 'combating speeding'.They were doing a LOT of 'surveying' in the month before they went live.If theyd continued to use thsoe incredibly unexpected and sneaky spots we'd all be shafted.Fortunately they 'seem' this far to be restricted to the posted locations .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭Digital Satellite TV

I a question of this money making racket. If the rule is that some one has to have died on that road. Why is there one out the Tullamore road? My family have live there nearly 40 years, I can't even remember and accident, never mind a fatality. Oh, they mush mean that some one died in a house on the road, I see. The Parasites just picked roads that were nice and straight, had a stupid limit and easy to catch a poor unfortunate doing 55-60. Same goes for Lea Road too I suppose, can't really remember accidents out by Butlers either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

........., can't really remember accidents out by Butlers either.

i can recall 3 deaths in the last 20 years...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭Digital Satellite TV

sydthebeat wrote: »
    i can recall 3 deaths in the last 20 years...

Out by Butler's? That must have been a while ago, I can't even remember a bad crash out there at all. Certainly not down the 'good' end of town out the Tullamore road anyway.

Out by Butler's? That must have been a while ago, I can't even remember a bad crash out there at all. Certainly not down the 'good' end of town out the Tullamore road anyway.

not wishing to upset anyone, but there was a very bad crash out at the entrance to the soccer pitch in about 2003, where two young girls were killed as the car they were in pulled out onto the road... desperately sad..... IIRC

there was a local guy killed going home from the rugby club about 14/15 years ago.... his name was Jones...

and there was a Dunne man killed out at butlers about 25 years ago.

As far as the tullamore road goes, i can only recall a death at kilmalogue cross... nothing further out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

The van was parked at the rugby club at 01:15 this morning...........:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Jesus...wouldn't even be thinking of it being there at that hour if I was driving by!

Advertisement