Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galaxy S Refreshing Battery Stats.

• 06-12-2010 9:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭

Just wondering has anyone carried out the refreshing battery stats procedure after updating to 2.2 via Odin? As per this xda thread

My battery is gone to be pretty terrible since I got Froyo. There is also this option which apparently works for the Galaxy S aswell.

Any thoughts?

Currently running

2.2 FROYO.XFJP7.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Carried out the second method and seem to have seen an improvement in battery life.

Phone has been on for 15 hours and in that time I've made about 1.5 hours of phone calls, played some Angry Birds and some light browsing. Battery is at 11%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Thanks Rowley. I didn't see the second option, but will give it a try. I'm getting a good 24 to 36 hrs out of my SGS currently, but anything to help improve the battery further is welcome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Thanks Rowley. I didn't see the second option, but will give it a try. I'm getting a good 24 to 36 hrs out of my SGS currently, but anything to help improve the battery further is welcome!

24-36?!! :eek:

What method did you use? I think the first one borked my battery so wouldn't recommend it. It could well be that I didn't carry out the instructions properly but it definitely took a nosedive.

The second method seemed to redeem it a bit. It's still not great though.

I've carried out method 1 after each firmware upgrade.

Fully charged at 11pm last night, it's at 74%. That's with about 30mins browsing, 20 mins calls. Wifi always on. Sync on. Auto brightness. No angry birds today ;) Voodoo lagfix as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Pardon my ignorance lads, but how do you run the commands given in option 1?
    Is it through terminal emulator or what?

My phone lasts me 5-6 hrs most days tops. :mad:

Edit, Sorted!

• Advertisement

5-6 hrs??? :eek:

Think you're phone has to be rooted for method 1. I ran the commands through terminal emulator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

5-6 hrs??? :eek:

Think you're phone has to be rooted for method 1. I ran the commands through terminal emulator.

yeah. rooted on 2.2 (clockwork mod recovery) baseband version I9000XXjp3

Advertisement