Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good tin opener?

Options
  • 06-12-2010 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭

On my third one now, all from Dunnes.
    Can someone recommend me a good one, mechanical please as I don't want the bulky electrical openers.
    Even considering a p38 can opener now :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

The oxo good grips ones are just brilliant, no cuts made, they kind of pry open the seal of the can, leaving no sharp edges.

I've seen them in TK maxx. Or you can get them on ebay either!

Check it out:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I prefer the old school ones that cut the lid INTO the can - handy when you want to drain the contents, you just push the lid in and let the liquid come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭breakfast roll

I haven't got one myself, but have seen the JML hands free tin opener on the ads a few times lately. A bit expensive @ 17.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭spoonface

Plowman wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I've replaced so many of them by now. They're always made with a plastic ring around the winder and that piece eventually breaks and that's the end of it. Even the more expensive tin openers in Tesco have the same basic design as that with a plastic piece waiting to break. It's good business for them but a pain when it breaks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,147 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I have the Culinare EasiCan, works the same as the Oxo. Have it two or three years and it is going strong. All others I had lasted only a few months.

http://www.culinare.com/products/detail.asp?category_ID=1&index=4

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sorry Plowman, that's the one that's not working for me. Maybe a have an inferior brand or something but think I'll try something else now.

That Easican and Oxo looks promising, thanks. I'll have a look around the shops.

Advertisement