Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wikileaks waterford connection

• 06-12-2010 10:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

did ya see Genzyme plant in waterford has been classed as vitally important to America according to a new leak on wiki leaks

source
    Website WikiLeaks published details of sites around the globe which the United States deems vital to its interests, prompting criticism that it is helping militants identify targets for attack.

The list includes two Irish locations: The Hibernia Atlantic undersea cable landing in Dublin and the Genzyme Ireland pharmaceutical plant in Co Waterford.

The Genzyme factory, established in 2001, produces Thymoglobulin, a kidney transplant rejection product.

guess that makes it a legit terror target.... although i dunno how the kidney transplants are vital or of stategic importance to america

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Is that all they make in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Bol_Whelan

Typhoon. wrote: »
    although i dunno how the kidney transplants are vital or of stategic importance to america

Maybe cause Bin Ladens Kidneys are not working too well ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

ziedth wrote: »
    Is that all they make in there?

That's just one of five products they make there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

That's mad though given the size of the place. In any even I hear the founder of wikileaks got arrested today in London.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

They work 24/7 365 days of the year...and they still cannot make enough of the medication thats needed,thats why they built the expansion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

That reminds me of a story when the US first invaded Afghanistan, saying that Honeywell was a potential terrorist target as they made some part that's used in American planes/fighter jets. Don't know who started that story though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

That reminds me of a story when the US first invaded Afghanistan, saying that Honeywell was a potential terrorist target as they made some part that's used in American planes/fighter jets. Don't know who started that story though.
    that they do! Spare parts for military hardware

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

that they do! Spare parts for military hardware

Yeah Honeywell Aerospace Waterford make parts for Apache helicopters,but the other two Honeywell's on the estate don't have any military affiliation.

Advertisement