Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit union Guarantee

Options
  • 06-12-2010 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

Does the person who guarantees your loan need proof of income ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Kunle wrote: »
    Does the person who guarantees your loan need proof of income ?

Yes and would be worried about a CU who doesnt ask this of a guarantor.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Kennie1

They sure do alright as I done this for a sister of mine who is going to collage, they ask for the same details as they would do if the gurantor was making the loan application themselfs ie copy of payslips and 3mth bank statements etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Kunle

I am a student so i have no income but my friend thinks all i have to do is sign my name and address for him to get a loan.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Kennie1

I am a student so i have no income but my friend thinks all i have to do is sign my name and address for him to get a loan.
    Your friend is not asking a lot is of you is he??? I would not ask a friend to do this regardless of their situation. Lets say that you had regular income and he defaulted on his payments... then you would have to pick up the tab. A friendship ruined! Dont you watch Judge Judy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Hit your friend a slap around the head for being so naive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Dont do it. You are putting yourself legally responsible if he defaults on payments.

There is a reason they are requesting a guarantor as they view him as risk on his own.

Advertisement