Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What number is C. Ronaldo?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Boards 1
    Idiot 17 year old girls 0

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

yep:D

Like I said, only now venturing into sports shops and I am continually amazed at the ages of the 'Management' in these places...I swear I'm not sure the girl had even hit puberty:rolleyes:

Anyway, a good news story on this abysmal day:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Delighted for ya. It would have ended with other kids giving your fella a slagging otherwise. Kids are cruel. My mother got me a fake Man Utd jersey when I was about 7,got loads of abuse, I think I wore it the once and refused to wear it after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,822 ✭✭✭✭kippy

deisedevil wrote: »
    Delighted for ya. It would have ended with other kids giving your fella a slagging otherwise. Kids are cruel. My mother got me a fake Man Utd jersey when I was about 7,got loads of abuse, I think I wore it the once and refused to wear it after that.

Not a bash at the OP or anyone on this thread (I am aware of the issues), but it is actually fairly ridiculous (when you think about it) how kids that age would give a toss about a "fake" jersey.......
    To even think that the marketing and advertising about these type of garments has gotten down to that level shows you how successful these clubs are in profiteering from the very young in society.
    Not only do you pay a significent amount of money to the companies...I mean clubs....you also pay for the privilege of advertising their sponsor and in the case of a child, the Jersey will at most fit for a couple of years - even if it fitted longer, it is out of date after two seasons at most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Fittle wrote: »
    yep:D

Like I said, only now venturing into sports shops and I am continually amazed at the ages of the 'Management' in these places...I swear I'm not sure the girl had even hit puberty:rolleyes:

Anyway, a good news story on this abysmal day:D

Glad it worked out for you. He better like it now!

kippy wrote: »
    Not a bash at the OP or anyone on this thread (I am aware of the issues), but it is actually fairly ridiculous (when you think about it) how kids that age would give a toss about a "fake" jersey.......
    To even think that the marketing and advertising about these type of garments has gotten down to that level shows you how successful these clubs are in profiteering from the very young in society.
    Not only do you pay a significent amount of money to the companies...I mean clubs....you also pay for the privilege of advertising their sponsor and in the case of a child, the Jersey will at most fit for a couple of years - even if it fitted longer, it is out of date after two seasons at most.

Completely agree with you Kippy but unfortunately, I can't see this changing in my lifetime...it has gotten much, much worse than even a few years back. Like I said a few times here, my lad wouldn't really know the difference just at the moment, but it's the older lads on the street who would pull him up on it...

This particular jersey cost 48euro. It was the third size in the kids section (age 10)...the two smaller sizes were 40 euro (age 6 and 8).

I was only wondering how much of the 48euro goes to the club, when you consider all the others who have to get a piece of it???

flahavaj wrote: »
    Glad it worked out for you. He better like it now!

I'm sure I'll tell him this story just after the chat about Santa in a few years;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I love a happy ending :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

I was only wondering how much of the 48euro goes to the club, when you consider all the others who have to get a piece of it???

was a breakdown of this on the villa site not too long ago, the answer is approximately €1-3 to the club, far more if you buy direct from the club

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

But this girl did it for me as a 'favour'...she knew I didn't buy the jersey there but said if I slipped it into the bag from that shop (I had just bought a football there), and handed it to her, that it would look like I'd bought it there (in case her manager saw)...all very cloak and dagger if you ask me and I've no idea why they won't put numbers on any jersey, as opposed to jerseys that you buy in that shop only! .

Situations like this are the reason they don't do it I'd say...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

kippy wrote: »

I had a bunch of fake ones very obviously fake too one was a Keane Jersey from when he was at inter and had keane on the collar and stuff and all I had no issues I'd be surprised (and sad ) if I heard that kids would slag u off for having the wrong number

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    I love a happy ending :)

Me too:D

And sincere thanks again to you guys here...I probably wouldn't have had the guts to return to the shop and state my case, if it hadn't been for you guys.

I have to hand it to them, they gave me the new jersey with no problems whatsoever - great customer service for a very distressed mammy:)

Had another chat with him, and re-convinced him that actually he was right in his Santa letter and that ronaldo's number 7 after all...

Little chancer mentioned his friend is getting the Real Madrid tracksuit for christmas (67euro:eek:) so we've agreed to ask his aunts/uncles for a ten euro voucher for that sports shop, instead of selection boxes....(can't justify that kind of money on a white tracksuit top that will be BLACK in an hour;))

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I was going to suggest you tell him it was a retro jersey (2009 is retro to an 8 year-old :D) but glad to see you got it sorted in the end.

This thread was making me really angry for a whole bunch of reasons until post 51.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Lloyderz

Fittle where did you get the jersey done? I'm looking to get a Barcelona one done! Thanks.

Helix wrote: »
    was a breakdown of this on the villa site not too long ago, the answer is approximately €1-3 to the club, far more if you buy direct from the club

That is absolutely crazy! No wonder nike etc pay such daft sums to get associated with these clubs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Helix wrote: »

:eek: Is that all? With clubs i follow i do prefer to buy direct from the club shop but i had no idea thats all they got otherwise.

MOG7 wrote: »
    :eek: Is that all? With clubs i follow i do prefer to buy direct from the club shop but i had no idea thats all they got otherwise.

Hadn't a clue myself....who gets the other 45euro???? How many companies are involved in making a jersey:confused:

Advertisement