Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to eat in Longford

Options
  • 06-12-2010 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend somewhere in Longford town for a good sit down dinner? Anything except Chinese! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Crafty-Chel

the gallery cafe in supervalu is nice for lunch and they do dinners most days, and the purple onion in tarmonbarry is lovely for night dinner, also cox's in dromad...

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Casey_81

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭corryworry

Thanks, I couldn't see any threads about dining out, are older threads hidden for some reason?
    Wow seems like Longford Town itself is seriously lacking in places to have dinner, most people were recommending places outside the town! Was hoping to find somewhere nice in the town as the weather and road conditions are so unpredictable at the mo! Can anyone tell me where exactly the Aubergine is? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭corryworry

scratch that, just noticed my filter thread on the work PC is only showing recent posts!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

The Aubergine is lovely, great food there. It's in a door between Boots and a clothes shop, it's above the clothes shop. Not sure of the opening times though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Featherl

Cool Beans/ The Courtyard Cafe are nice for lunch

Aubergine, Black Olive or Douglas and Kaldi are nice for evening food

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭flas

place out the dublin road but still in the town, its a b and b type guest house but would be the best restaurant in the area, some savage food out there. i know their chef is appearing on rte cooking on one of the shows that do be on!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Ru5ty

Snackbox from Luigi's is the best feed you can get in Longford.

flas wrote: »
    place out the dublin road but still in the town, its a b and b type guest house but would be the best restaurant in the area, some savage food out there. i know their chef is appearing on rte cooking on one of the shows that do be on!

Viewmount house.
    You would be talking for 50 euro ahead for Dinner though. 30 for lunch.

The Auburgine, has good quality affordable food.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

Jac O Bite across from Tesco is nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭flas

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Viewmount house.
    You would be talking for 50 euro ahead for Dinner though. 30 for lunch.

The Auburgine, has good quality affordable food.

you pay for what you get really!

+1 on the aubergune though, lovely food!

Advertisement