Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jizzler Awards 2010 - Nominations

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Interesting to discover so many people wouldn't enjoy a bit of my wonderfully interesting discourse in a "stuck in a lift" situation... I guess many people find being proven wrong annoying. :D

Best Taste in Music - Me, obviously.
    Best Mod - ....... he's done nothing to annoy me.

Hmmm.....Picard facepalm, Trollface or Haters gon' Hate.....too many memes to choose from!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Havn't been around very long so I wont be nominating in most catagories...

Best Thread - Have you ever had depression? (Looked at it earlier and its excellent)
    Funniest poster -
    Best Taste in Music -
    Best Mod -
    Best Beard -
    Poster you'd least like to be stuck in a lift with -
    The Niceguy award for nicest poster -
    Nerdiest Poster -
    Should be a couple -
    Best newcomer -
    Best playpen intro -
    Best younger poster -
    Most creative poster (art/music/drawing/baking/cooking/fashion/etc)
    The Lifetime Achievement Award for services to C+H – Insect Overlord

Hopefully next year I'l be able to contribute to the nominations a bit more :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Hmmm.....Picard facepalm, Trollface or Haters gon' Hate.....too many memes to choose from!
    I saw that and just immediately thought "hold up, that's possible"
    mysonfromeurope.jpg

EDIT: wait, does Trollface have a thumb?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Interesting to discover so many people wouldn't enjoy a bit of my wonderfully interesting discourse in a "stuck in a lift" situation... I guess many people find being proven wrong annoying. :D
    Haven't been on here in a while (due to being busy with actual IRL debating and college stuff) but I'll give these a shot.

Categories:
    Host - Davidius

Best Thread - The pregnancy one
    Funniest poster - Davidius
    Best Taste in Music - Me, obviously. Aside from me, I suppose anyone but Noel is OK...
    Best Mod - Hmmm... IO left? Damn. I'll go for Ginja then, he's done nothing to annoy me.
    Best Beard - Emm...
    Poster you'd least like to be stuck in a lift with - EuropeanSon (being alone in lifts is awfully dull)
    The Niceguy award for nicest poster - Aoibheann
    Nerdiest Poster - Davidius
    Should be a couple - ??
    Best newcomer - Not quite sure who is a newcomer, being a newcomer and all... Timbuk2 maybe?
    Best playpen intro - ???
    Best younger poster - Jumpguy
    Most creative poster (art/music/drawing/baking/cooking/fashion/etc) - IO's blog is pretty interesting, otherwise IDK.. So Insect Overlord I guess.

Nope, I think this post proved everyone right...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Best couple - EuropeanSon and EuropeanSon (I hear opposites attract..)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Ok that last post I made was rather bitchy. Feck it, EuropeanSon we've had our differences but I get on with everyone else in C&H and I could never dislike anyone named after a Velvet Underground song! :) Internet, serious business etc. Let's just forget about all that crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

unknown13 wrote: »
    Best Thread - "Soundtrack to your Angst"

Funniest poster - Brummytom

Best Taste in Music - Ginja

Best Mod - KnifeWrench

Best Beard - Pyg

Poster you'd least like to be stuck in a lift with - Davidius or Pyg

The Niceguy award for nicest poster - Timbuk2 & Craguls

Nerdiest Poster - Pyg

Should be a couple - Don't know, never in the IRC.

Best newcomer - Atavan

Best playpen intro - Kateos's comes to mind, done by Conor

Best younger poster - Soccy

Most creative poster (art/music/drawing/baking/cooking/fashion/etc)- Kateos

Can't edit the post for some reason but I forgot to add another poster. So I edited now with a new post.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

Hope I'm not too late to post this, what with, er... the deadline having passed. :/ I've strayed too far from my interwebby home over the past few weeks, my own laziness and assignments and stuff have been conspiring against me. Anyway, tasty nominations!

Categories:
    Host - deise_girl

Best Thread -
    Have you ever had depression?
    Auditions for the Play-pen (and all ensuing threads!)
    Here's One I Made Earlier
    Soundtrack To Your Angst
    Share something you like/find interesting
    Funniest poster - bythewoods, A Neurotic, KnifeWRENCH
    Best Taste in Music - Monzo, Jako8, Jay P, bythewoods, conorstuff, Arcade Panda, KnifeWRENCH, Aoibheann, Namlub, flyswatter... too many to choose from here, really, and I'm forgetting some as it is!
    Best Mod - KnifeWRENCH! Eh bans trolls and doesn't afraid of extreme, caustic sarcasmising anything.
    Best Beard - soccymonster, especially with the extra year of growth she's managed since last time.
    Poster you'd least like to be stuck in a lift with - Davidius; I fear sensual, animalistic urges might take over.
    The Niceguy award for nicest poster - almostnever, OopsyDaisy, Insect Overlord, Aoibheann, Konata, Monzo
    Nerdiest Poster - Pygmalion, Davidius, conorstuff, Aoibheann. Fantastic bunch of nerds here, geekier than an exponential function is differentiable.
    Should be a couple - OopsyDavis, i.e. OopsyDaisy and MavisDavis. Their birthdays are in extreme proximity, their names overlap extremely well, and they're both lovely. G'wan!
    Best newcomer - Namlub, Duffy the Vampire Slayer, storm2811
    Best playpen intro - A Neurotic, electro~bitch (as in the ones they wrote)
    Best younger poster - deise_girl, soccymonster
    Most creative poster (art/music/drawing/baking/cooking/fashion/etc) - Arcade Panda, Agnostic Mantis, kateos2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Personally I feel you can't beat a facepalm for expressing frustration. Trollface is almost meaningless due to overuse and haters gonna hate doesn't really fit. :)

Namlub wrote: »
    Nope, I think this post proved everyone right...
    Hmm.. I don't know who you are (besides being someone who is incapable of comprehending the nature of tongue-in-cheek remarks), and have no idea what exactly you mean by that, due to you not actually explaining, so... Meh. :confused:
    Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Best couple - EuropeanSon and EuropeanSon (I hear opposites attract..)
    Yes, my split personalities get on quite wonderfully. They both agree, btw, that your opinion is at the bottom of my "things I might ever care about" list, right next to the winner of the Xfactor and Taylor Swift's latest "album". :D
    Ok that last post I made was rather bitchy. Feck it, EuropeanSon we've had our differences but I get on with everyone else in C&H and I could never dislike anyone named after a Velvet Underground song! :) Internet, serious business etc. Let's just forget about all that crap.
    Y'know, I've gotten vibes at various points over the last couple of months that contradict that claim, but I'll take your word for it... And bitchy doesn't really quite cover all of it. :P

However, I'm willing to forget "all that crap", assuming some measure of civility comes to any future interaction as a result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

jumpguy wrote: »
    Calm now lads...

Hmm, I don't know.. ARE you the best jumpguy, really? Would a guy who jumps be so calm..?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Aoibheann wrote: »
    Hmm, I don't know.. ARE you the best jumpguy, really? Would a guy who jumps be so calm..?
    Jumping requires calm and serenity, so the mind can focus on how to execute the best jump possible. It's an art Aoibheann, you will understand some day. You must master the jump. Then you will find true happiness.

On a serious note, I'm kinda a believer of if you've nothing nice to say and there's no need to say it, then don't say it (note: I have not read back on the thread, I just read IO's message and the one before it...I assume it's something to do with the elevator nomination. C'mon EuropeanSon, it's good to be up for something...be a sport. Spoooort). :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Don't worry EuropeanSon, I love you.

The only reason I wouldn't like to be stuck in a lift with you is because I wouldn't be able to control my raw, animalistic urges- something which I attribute to the fact that I do BESS. BESS girls are sluts. Oh, us BESS girls...

That's why I don't say hello when I notice you around college too. The raw animalism within me. You're a very agreeable guy... :)

bythewoods wrote: »
    Don't worry EuropeanSon, I love you.

The only reason I wouldn't like to be stuck in a lift with you is because I wouldn't be able to control my raw, animalistic urges- something which I attribute to the fact that I do BESS. BESS girls are sluts. Oh, us BESS girls...

That's why I don't say hello when I notice you around college too. The raw animalism within me. You're a very agreeable guy... :)

Aren't you a med student? Or have I got you confused with someone else?

I'm also fairly sure that I've never met you...:confused:

She stalks you and sits right beside you in your lectures, but in disguise so you won't notice her. That's what she means by "notice you". She obviously doesn't say hello, cause well, that'd blow her cover. It's a med thing, brah. :)

Is it okay to wear Lynx when you're 17? :confused:
    That doesn't really explain the comment out of nowhere... And I tend to sit between my (maths student) friends in lectures...
    Of course it does. Relax the son that hails from Europe. Relax my friend... We love you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

WTF BBZ!? I thought we bonded!

Did the Trinity beers mean NOTHING to you?
    Maybe they were insignificant to you, but they were SIGNIFICANT TO ME!!

I do BESS

Lads.

I'd just like to say now that I'm fairly deadly. We're all fairly deadly really. Look at us all go.

*whistles nonchalantly*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

can_t_we_all_just_get_along.jpg

Aoibheann wrote: »
    Lads.

I'd just like to say now that I'm fairly deadly. We're all fairly deadly really. Look at us all go.

*whistles nonchalantly*
    You are really deadly. Totally bookie's favourite for the best jumpguy I'd say Aoibheann. :P

/Me: I've lost a few stone.
    Ego: Whatever you lost, I found!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

funny-pictures-cat-yawn.gif?w=500&h=209

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I voted for Kodos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Is it okay to wear Lynx when you're 17? :confused:

I don't think it's ever okay to wear Lynx tbh...

funny-pictures-cat-yawn.gif?w=500&h=209

That is an awesome .gif :)

You are really deadly. Totally bookie's favourite for the best jumpguy I'd say Aoibheann. :P

/Me: I've lost a few stone.
    Ego: Whatever you lost, I found!

I can only dream of such heady heights, jumpguy.. <3

Monzo wrote: »
    I don't think it's ever okay to wear Lynx tbh...
    Good Monzo, I'm in quite the pickle for Christmas, I always get at least two Lynx boxsets. I'll have to up my game to something like Sure For Men or another one of these brands. What deodourising agent do you use?

Is it kinda weird for a guy to use roll-on deodourant?

Disney-Aristocats-Mothers-Day-Card2.jpg
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

*wants to post her Brandon Flowers' jizz face gif but can't find any of them* :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Smelliest Jumpguy Award goes to...

Advertisement