Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book double ordered & refund of postage

Options
  • 06-12-2010 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭

Ordered a book online recently and 2 of them arrived today in seperate packaging. The day i ordered the book when i was completing the order i got an message telling me the order could not be processed and to try again later. I waited for an hour to see if an email would come through and it didnt so I tried again to order the book, this time sucessfully and received a confirmation email.Aftre the confirmation came through i though nothing of the first attempt and To this day I still never received a confirmation email for the first attempt of ordering but was charged on my credit card and sent the book. Ive been on to the company by email and they are agreeing to give me a full refind if i send back the book but what id like to know is should i be entitled to the cost of postage aswell?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭nompere

If it's Amazon then they will refund postage in cases where they are at fault - but not if it's your own mistake. Their records are likely to show that you ordered the book twice - and that does happen deliberately on occasions.

I reckon you will have a hard job getting them to pick up the postage for something they won't see as their mistake. Some companies care more about goodwill than others.

Advertisement