Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

quad or trike insurance

• 06-12-2010 11:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭

i pretty sure this has be answered somewhere, but can i buy a road legal quad or trike and insure it in ireland,and if so what insurance company are doing quad or trike cover
    many thanks mossie.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

It can be done but TBH I haven't a clue about how you'd go about insuring it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

From what I remember from people posting here it's only viable if you have a farm and add it to that policy.

The best, and only real, way would be get the Golden Pages and call all the brokers and companies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chippy01

Search out Steve Saunders GoldWing Forum.
    It's an Irish forum, (though you wouldn't think so with the amount of U.S. participants), and one of the most popular bikes to trike is a GoldWing.
    Someone there will point you in the right direction about trike insurance, but as for quads I'm almost sure that Del2005 is correct with the farm connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭mr chips

If you're talking about a proper road-going trike as opposed to a road-legal farm vehicle, I think Carole Nash and AON are the only companies that currently insure trikes in the 26 counties (there are a few other alternatives if you are based in the north). Even then, I think one of them was playing silly buggers recently trying to exclude all but bike-based trikes - so if you have a Goldwing/Sportster/V-Max etc that have been triked, ok, but if you have a "car" trike (other than a Boom trike) like those based on the old VW Beetle or a Reliant, then it might be more difficult.
    I'm not totally up to speed on this but if you visit btwireland.com (I'm a member) and search for insurance discussions or even ask a question in the appropriate section on there, someone should be able to help you out.

Advertisement