Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Supplies to be cut off

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

6pm update
    Current Water Disruptions: Wednesday 29th December : 6pm
    As water supply is switched back on to areas a number of leaks and bursts have been reported to us and we are responding to these as they occur. However, these leaks will delay supplies returning to normal in areas where shutdowns have occurred. Leaks have been identified and isolated or repaired today at the following locations;
    Railway Bridge Castleknock, Rosemount Business Park, and the Rush area.
    Burst Watermain: There is a burst watermain in Seapark Green in Malahide. Repairs will be carried out this evening and the water should be restored by late evening.
    Naul, Walshestown, Ballyboghil, and Balrothery: We are still trying to secure the water supply in the reservoirs that serve these areas and as a result customers will have no water until the reservoir levels increase again.
    Balbriggan Area: Jordanstown Reservoir is critically low at present and as a result we have had to restrict the water supply to the Balbriggan area from 10am this morning to 10am tomorrow morning(30th).
    Garristown Area: We are still trying to secure the water supply in the reservoir following the mechanical fault with the pumps yesterday. We hope to have water restored to the area by late evening.
    Howth: The water supply is on in the Howth area and will not be throttled tonight. However, we are experiencing problems in supplying water to high ground areas of Howth. Our Inspectors were unable to resolve this problem today but will continue works in the area again tomorrow.
    Water Tanker Locations: Static water tankers are in place at the following locations: Naul Village, Grand Hotel in Malahide and at Casana Estate in Howth.
    Standpipe Locations: There is a standpipe in place in Garristown Village and a standpipe will be in place at Balrothery Inn later this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

i'm back a 2nd time from balrothery. was up there at 9pm and saw nothing. didn't go back to the naul cos it probably would be a waste of petrol :rolleyes:
    fingal website & twitter say tanker in naul and standing pipe in balrothery "later this evening"
    but what time is later??? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

FYI - I've just discovered that parts of North & Northwest Balbriggan are actually on the Stamullen supply via Co Meath. Hence no water restrictions according to the Fingal list despite being in the areas listed.

Stamullen have restrictions tonight and MeathCoCo are sending tankers now to the reservoir to build up supply for the morning bwe have water, just low pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭boomslang

We now have water in Garristown but the pressure is low and not filling the attic tank. So buckets to flush toilet!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭afterhours

I need a shower really bad.. oh and i need to wash my hands.

• Advertisement

Some blithering idiot left the tap on the tanker in Naul village on last night. The tanker is now empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭purpur1

Anyone got water in Balbriggan yet? Tank empty!!

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

purpur1 wrote: »
    Anyone got water in Balbriggan yet? Tank empty!!

Have had no water in Balbriggan since 4pm yesterday.

Is there a tanker in Balbriggan anywhere? Can't find any info on the Fingal CC website.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Seems that there is a lot more useful information here on boards than can be found on the Fingal Co Co website.

No water in Lanesborough since 6pm yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Alice1

Paulw wrote: »
    Seems that there is a lot more useful information here on boards than can be found on the Fingal Co Co website.

No water in Lanesborough since 6pm yesterday.
    I agree - boards.ie is much more useful.

On separate but related issue; does anyone know where I can get the "hippo bags" for the loo? I saw them on a site but they are €4.25 each. Is there a less pricey option?

Ali

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Rzeznik

Still no water in Balbriggan...hope they will put it back shortly.:(

Is it too much to expect Fingal CoCo to keep us informed? Their twitter only works when the person "trained" to use it is in work. Their website hasn't been updated once again. The standpipe in Balrothery apparently wasn't up and running yesterday despite them making a statement that it was.

Half of Balbriggan Town doesn't even get their supply from Fingal from what I can see and we're dependant on another Local Authority - I'll bet most residents aren't even aware of that.

I've heard of friends who haven't had water for the past 8 days in the Fingal Area. 8 days......

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Sparkles78

as per Beasty's post above (and fingal twitter page) water was due to be back on in Balbriggan at 10am this morning, still no sign :( Wish the council would hurry up, I need a shower :(

Okay so apparently their website was updated at 11am today - as per their statement but it literally only popped up in the past 20 mins:

http://www.fingalcoco.ie/Water/CustomerServicesEmergencyNotices/EmergencyInformationUpdates/#d.en.30721
    Current Water Disruptions: Thursday 30th December : 11am
    As water supply is switched back on to areas a number of leaks and bursts have been reported to us and we are responding to these as they occur. However, these leaks will delay supplies returning to normal in areas where shutdowns have occurred. We have inspectors in place across the County and we are repairing leaks on the water supply network in the following locations today:
    Castleknock Village
    Dunbar/St. Peter's Terrace, Howth
    Bridge St., Swords
    Seapark Green, Malahide - We have had to reduce the pressure in Malahide because of this burst but we hope to have the water supply back to normal pressure this afternoon.
    Naul, Walshestown, Ballyboghil, and Balrothery: The water is back on in these areas however it will take a number of hours for the supply to reach all areas.
    Balbriggan Area: The water is back on in these areas however it will take a number of hours for the supply to reach all areas.
    Water Tanker Locations: Static water tankers are in place at the following locations: Naul Village, Grand Hotel in Malahide, Casana Estate in Howth, Meakstown Cottages and Castleknock Lodge..
    Standpipe Locations: There is a standpipe in place in Garristown Village and a standpipe will be in place at Balrothery Inn later this evening.
    Water Restriction
    Due to an unprecedented demand on water supply in the Dublin Region, reservoirs across the region are at critical levels. Because of this increase in demand, water supply will be restricted across the coming days in order to secure the reservoirs.
    During the restricted periods there should be adequate supplies in your household water tank for very moderate household use. Please do not run appliances such as washing machines and diswashers during the restricted periods. We urge everyone across the county to conserve water during this period - go to www.taptips.ie for ideas on how to conserve water.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Still nothing in my part of Balbriggan, wonder how many hours this is going to take.

Water is on its way back to North Balbriggan now. I'm not sure if it's down to Fingal CoCo turning it back on or Meath CoCo resuming the supply to Stamullen. Meath intend to reduce pressure again tonight so that will be the teller.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Water pressure was down at the harbour end of Rush last night, no warning of it going off so it was a bit tough and go for a while, but it eventually returned to normal.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

1pm update
    Current Water Disruptions: Thursday 30th December : 1pm
    As water supply is switched back on to areas a number of leaks and bursts have been reported to us and we are responding to these as they occur. However, these leaks will delay supplies returning to normal in areas where shutdowns have occurred. We have inspectors in place across the County and we are repairing leaks on the water supply network in the following locations today:
    Castleknock Village
    Dunbar/St. Peter's Terrace, Howth
    Bridge St., Swords
    Seapark Green, Malahide - This leak has now been repaired and water should return to all areas in Malahide within the next couple of hours.
    Naul, Walshestown, Ballyboghil, and Balrothery: The water is back on in these areas however it will take a number of hours for the supply to reach all areas.
    Balbriggan Area: The water is back on in these areas however it will take a number of hours for the supply to reach all areas.
    Lanesborough Area: Customers in this area will experience low water pressure following throttling of the water supply from Sillogue Reservoir which is at a critically low level.
    Water Tanker Locations: Static water tankers are in place at the following locations: Naul Village, Grand Hotel in Malahide, Casana Estate in Howth, Meakstown Cottages and Castleknock Lodge.
    Standpipe Locations: There is a standpipe in place in Garristown Village.

Beasty wrote: »

Their 1pm update is incorrect, no major surprise.

Lanesborough area has had no water at all since 6pm yesterday, and it's still off.

Paulw wrote: »
    Current Water Disruptions: Thursday 30th December : 1pm
    As water supply is switched back on to areas a number of leaks and bursts have been reported to us and we are responding to these as they occur.

I'm wondering about this bit. Does it mean that because they've been turning the water off in certain areas, they're causing some of the bursts and leaks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭afterhours

blastman wrote: »
    I'm wondering about this bit. Does it mean that because they've been turning the water off in certain areas, they're causing some of the bursts and leaks?

probably just an excuse to keep the water off even longer :rolleyes:

Still no sign of the water returning here, anyway, just checked it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

It means they've been turning it on too quick instead of slowly turning it on. They haven't a clue :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭northdubgal

Still no sign of the water returning here, anyway, just checked it again.

Still off here also - near Castlemills...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Technoprisoner

water back on in beaumont but very low pressure...no water in upstairs toilet

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I just walked past the lads fixing the burst pipe at Bridge Street in Swords.

I'm off to see if the toilets now flush. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭northdubgal

Still off here also - near Castlemills...

Still no water. Tanks are empty again :(

Still no water. Tanks are empty again :(

Same. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

I see they have updated their website.

Now it says that Lanesborough will have no water from 6pm today until 2pm tomorrow.

In saying that, we've had no water today, but according to their website we should have had water for most of the day.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

The update was up a good bit before 6pm so why call it a 6pm update..

Pressure has dropped in Lusk.

Advertisement