Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Supplies to be cut off

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Rzeznik

Balbriggan, Chieftains Estate, water is back. Heard the pump around 6pm.
    Good to have a shower at last ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

nothing in brackenwood yet

Still nothing in Martello, above Castlemills. Fretting that we wont get a drop before the next scheduled shut down on Saturday.... the dishes have reached critical mass and we're turning our underwear inside out....

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭coadyd

water back in barons hall balbriggan for now anyway . Had a few airlocks to work through . took ages for the pressure to build to a level that would allow the attic water tank to fill.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,886 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

have a hunch that the person updating the cut off info this time is different to the previous rounds of cuts offs, different areas being listed and our water cut off even when not listed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Gone in lusk again last night and this morning. No mention of lusk on their website.

That's monday, tuesday and thursday without water and the only mention on fingal site was Monday's.

I wouldn't be so pissed off if they actually announced things accurately.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,861 ✭✭✭billyhead

Hi,

I have no water in my kitchen cold tap in Rush either this morning or last night. Has anyone else had the same problem. The water in the taps in the other rooms i.e toilets are running ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Alice1

Billy
    If your cold tap is not running and your hot tap is, it is likely that your mains water has been cut off. The hot tap is fed from your storage tank in your attic. Spare that water! Recycle any water you can - when you wash your hands / hair, don't allow the water to run away - scoop it out and put it into the cistern to flush the loo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Pimp Ninja wrote: »
    Gone in lusk again last night and this morning. No mention of lusk on their website.

That's monday, tuesday and thursday without water and the only mention on fingal site was Monday's.

I wouldn't be so pissed off if they actually announced things accurately.

In the same boat and its a joke at this stage :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Lusk seems to be mentioned in the Excel spreadsheet 'FCC Night Time Shut Downs 27th Dec to 4th Jan' on their website and where I am in Lusk is mentioned under the 30th-31st sheet/tab. I'm not sure when we can expect it back.

Direct link to the file

Without wishing to sound all Daily Mail, how are old people supposed to check the 'net?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,861 ✭✭✭billyhead

Alice1 wrote: »
    Billy
    If your cold tap is not running and your hot tap is, it is likely that your mains water has been cut off. The hot tap is fed from your storage tank in your attic. Spare that water! Recycle any water you can - when you wash your hands / hair, don't allow the water to run away - scoop it out and put it into the cistern to flush the loo.

Hi,

I presume Fngal Co co turned it off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

anybody know when its going to be turned back on in Lusk? I tried calling Fingal but no answer

why cant they use twitter or their website to keep people updated properly FFS :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

They've updated their website, looks like 2pm for resumption in Lusk. Lusk wasn't mentioned in this list last evening, but it's up now. :rolleyes:

Thursday 30th to Friday 31st Dec - 6pm to 2pm
    Swords, Kinsealy, Skerries, Lusk, Rush, Loughshinny, and Baldoyle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Ah Jays.. what's goin on?! No mention of Rush in the last few days, yet today.. tap water is running in the bathroom but nothing in the kitchen. I want a shower but amn't allowed cos if the tank in the attic dries up because of me we run the risk of airlocks.. poxy council..

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Scoual

this is just a bad joke, after the snow which has stopped the whole country from moving, now this....Happy new year to you all from the govt, good luck for your shower Tomorrow!
    Paulw there's a tanker at lidl parking now until 4.30pm
    what was learnt fom last january? nothing at all i'm afraid and i don't see any future improvements coming soon....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Scoual wrote: »
    this is just a bad joke, after the snow which has stopped the whole country from moving, now this....Happy new year to you all from the govt, good luck for your shower Tomorrow!
    Paulw there's a tanker at lidl parking now until 4.30pm
    what was learnt fom last january? nothing at all i'm afraid and i don't see any future improvements coming soon....

Cheers. Only home now. Went to my folks (in Co. Meath) and had a nice hot shower there. So nice.

Home now, and still no water in our tap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

update That I got:

Thursday 30th to Friday 31st Dec - 6pm to 2pm

Swords, Kinsealy, Skerries, Rush, Loughshinny, and Baldoyle

New Years Eve - No Shutdowns

Saturday 1st to Sunday 2nd Jan - 4pm to 12 noon

Malahide, Portmarnock, Balbriggan, Balrothery, Clonsilla, Clonee, Barnhill, westmanstown, Castaheany, Huntstown, Hansfield, Ongar, Mulhuddart and Blanchardstown

Sunday 2nd to Monday 3rd Jan - 6pm to 12 noon

Swords, Cloghran, Baskin, Mulhuddart, Castleknock, Carpenterstown, Huntstown, Hartstown, Blakestown, and Clonsilla

Airlocks in plumbing systems: Following a disruption to Water Supply some households may get airlocks in their internal plumbing system. The airlock is generally in the hot water system and most likely the result of faulty internal plumbing. For steps on how to get rid of an airlock, please go to: Water/Customer Services & Emergency Notices/Advice and Useful Information

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭NorthDub

My water came back yesterday evening, so have done some washing while I have water, Dunnes and Supervalu were low in stocks of water today and yesterday, It is a pity there is no water tanker locally for people to get water instead of having to buy expensive bottled water

ppl should just link to the fingal page rather the repost stuff here and elsewhere, it will be out of date very soon and cause confusion http://www.fingalcoco.ie/Water/CustomerServicesEmergencyNotices/EmergencyInformationUpdates/#d.en.30721

although the page and the excel file don't match, its such a mess

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Reposting here is fine as mobile users may not be able to easily view links to non-mobile pages.

HB

• Advertisement

but the info cathy01 posted is wrong and out of date, it won't be of any use to mobile users, try here then http://m.rte.ie/aertel/mobilexhtml/624_1.html hopefully that page is updated at the same time as the fingal page, is it?, shame for fingal cc not having simple mobile page for this info, i was also referring to politicians reposting the info on their blogs aswell, they should just post links to the fingal page, it another general indicates their continued clientistism and misinterperting of their role.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

And the info posted on the FCC site is largely incorrect, out of date & confusing too. If you want to just use the FCC site - you do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

OMGZ! I can flush my toilet today! YAY!

Hill Billy wrote: »
    And the info posted on the FCC site is largely incorrect, out of date & confusing too. If you want to just use the FCC site - you do that.

but thats the prime source of information all other reposts are just static copies of that, its the one the updates first, so you might as well link to that then repost stuff that will go out of date.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

but thats the prime source of information all other reposts are just static copies of that, its the one the updates first, so you might as well link to that then repost stuff that will go out of date.

Absolutely nothing to stop you linking it - I do whenever I put an update in this thread - speaking of which

5.30pm update
    As water supply is switched back on to areas a number of leaks and bursts have been reported to us and we are responding to these as they occur. However, these leaks will delay supplies returning to normal in areas where shutdowns have occurred.
    Naul, Walshestown & Ballyboghil: Hollywood Reservoir is very low and as a result we will have to restrict the water supply to these areas from 10pm tonight to 10am tomorrow morning.
    Garristown: The reservoir serving this area is critically low and as a result water pressure will be low and there will be no water in higher areas until the reservoir level increases again.
    Kileek Lane/Leas Cross, St. Margarets: This area has been without water for a number of days as a result of pump failures at the Forest Great pumps. We are trying to resolve the problems at this location however, we can not be certain when supply will return to normal.
    Water Tanker Locations: Static water tankers are in place at the following locations: Naul Village, Grand Hotel in Malahide, Casana Estate in Howth, Castleknock Lodge and Meakstown Cottages.
    Standpipe Locations: There is a standpipe in place in Garristown Village.
    Civil Defence: The Civil Defence are filling tanks at community buildings and Nursing Homes as requested.

If posters want to read the full update, or check for a later one they can click on the link - alternatively they can simply read the part quoted

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Water supposed to be off from 4pm in Balbriggan, mine is still on. I'm not complaining about that, just the fact that what little information there is is worthless.

blastman wrote: »
    Water supposed to be off from 4pm in Balbriggan, mine is still on. I'm not complaining about that, just the fact that what little information there is is worthless.

Same, didn't get cut off, meaning we never know when to expect it to go suddenly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Still cant flush the toilets or shower here at the harbour end of Rush. Its pathetic at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Sinemo

Have water still in malahide, really wish fingal were more reliable with their information...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Sinemo wrote: »
    Have water still in malahide, really wish fingal were more reliable with their information...

Remember that your attic tanks have 12hrs storage, so if you turn on a tap you're gonna get water even if supply was turned off.

Advertisement