Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Supplies to be cut off

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Next scheduled water cuts per Fingal website:

Wednesday 12th Jan : 7pm to 7am(Thur)
    Swords, Kinsealy(part), Skerries, Lusk, Rush, Loughshinny and Baldoyle

Thursday 13th Jan : 7pm to 7am(Fri)
    Malahide, Portmarnock, Balbriggan, Bremore, Balrothery, Clonsilla, Porterstown, Clonee, Barnhill, Westmanstown, Lucan, Littlepace, Castaheany, Huntstown(part), Hansfield/Ongar, Mulhuddart, Blanchardstown and Kinsealy(part)

Friday 14th Jan : 7pm to 9am(Sat)
    Swords, Cloghran/Baskin, Mulhuddart, Castleknock, Farmleigh, Blanchardstown, Carpenterstown, Huntstown(part), Hartstown, Blakestown, Clonsilla, Coolmine and Phoenix Park Racecourse

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Does the place need to look like Queensland before these shut-offs finish?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

It's a pity the county council can't be more specific about what areas of Swords are due to be without water on a given night. It's way too big an area to lump together.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Thanks to all for the updates.
    Have to say it's bizarre to be having water shortages in the middle of winter in this country!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

It's a pity the county council can't be more specific about what areas of Swords are due to be without water on a given night. It's way too big an area to lump together.

If you look at the Excel spreedsheet (usually near the end of the updates info) you should see three sheets and it will give you some indication as to individual roads/areas that are affected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

If you look at the Excel spreedsheet (usually near the end of the updates info) you should see three sheets and it will give you some indication as to individual roads/areas that are affected.

Assuming you have software capable of opening an excel spreadsheet, and can search through whatever unsorted method the co.co. use to list areas on it.

Why they can't the information in alphabetical order on a webpage is beyond me.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Assuming you have software capable of opening an excel spreadsheet, and can search through whatever unsorted method the co.co. use to list areas on it.

Download open office for free, and use the calc programme to open it.

www.openoffice.org.

Then when you've the spreadsheet open, use the CTRL and F key together to bring up the find function and type in the area you want to check :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

blastman wrote: »
    Does the place need to look like Queensland before these shut-offs finish?
    Thankfully there aren't 67 people dead or missing in DCN regardless of the availability of water. Stay on topic please.

HB

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Sparkles78

Water cut off again in Balbriggan, Fingal co co website says no planned shutdowns for Sat 15th & Sun 16th??? Anyone else's water off?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

I have this email from Michael Kennedy. Didn't post as my water isn't affected so I assumed all was grand:
    A Chara,

I write to update you in relation to the current situation in relation to water supplies in the Balbriggan area as of today, Saturday, 15th January 2011.

I have been informed by Fingal County Council that the inlet valve to the reservoir shut itself yesterday.

As a result, the reservoir emptied and the pumps cut out.

However, the valve is now open and the reservoir is filling. This process will take a few hours for water to return to all areas.

Alan hasn't updated I assume because he's out canvassing today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

I rang Fingal Co Council this morning and they said there was some emergency and they had to shut the water off last night but that it was turned back on at 9am. She said it should be back to all areas by 1pm but still no sign where I am in Balbriggan

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Sparkles78

off again today in Balbriggan :(

Water is back on in Balbriggan- any word as to why it went off again yesterday morning?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Fair point. :) Perhaps if someone were to convert the Excel file and upload a PDF version of it, but I don't know if that would be OK with the mods seeing as it's FCC's stuff.
    Lusk's off tonight and Thursday, think it was originally Monday and Friday.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Fair point. :) Perhaps if someone were to convert the Excel file and upload a PDF version of it, but I don't know if that would be OK with the mods seeing as it's FCC's stuff.
    Sorry, but there is far too much info on that spreadsheet to try and get it in any form for sharing here

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Latest Update
    There will be no further planned shutdowns to the water supply for the foreseeable future, however, there will be reduced water pressure between the hours of 7pm and 7am across the County on a rota basis and in this regard we are continuing with the schedule that has been in place up to now.

Details of the areas for reduced pressure and other area specific issues are available via the above link

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Stheno wrote: »
    Download open office for free, and use the calc programme to open it.

www.openoffice.org.

Then when you've the spreadsheet open, use the CTRL and F key together to bring up the find function and type in the area you want to check :)

I generally want to use my web browser to view stuff on the www.
    There is no spreadsheet specific stuff in the co.co spreadsheet, so I can't see why apart from laziness or incompetence they don't publish it as a webpage.

You are assuming that openoffice will run on all platforms that have web browsers. and also that the keyboard shortcuts will be the same across all platforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Just to say as I found out yesterday they are replacing the watermain at the junction of Hamlet Lane & the old N1 (North Balbriggan). Anybody who lives in that area can expect cut offs while they're doing it - but they haven't been giving any warning.

Basically if you're in that neck of the woods check your taps before you put on appliances. They are only doing the work between 9am & 4.30pm - daylight hours. It didn't work out great yesterday as the water was off for most of the day and there was a scheduled low pressure last night. Fingers crossed it won't be as bad today.

Also there was a burst pipe at Wavin yesterday which had to be repaired. I think it's completed but keep an eye on the Fingal CoCo website for updates (if they actually stick them up!).

Advertisement