Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wow Failed me at Cata launch :(

Options
  • 07-12-2010 12:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

I'm writing this while experiencing the frustration of having reactivated my wow account, and paid the 35 quid to pre-download the expansion, and not being able to log in due to a presumed server problem blizzard have.

This sucks.

How have they not anticipated the magnitude of demand on servers at launch time!
    Oh wait they did..... they conveniently shutdown player community forums and realm status pages so people can't complain.

Thanks Blizz!

Anyone else experiencing this??

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's been out for 31 minutes...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Did you honestly expect anything different ? I know i didnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

Everyone kind of expected this anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Its their biggest launch ever, servers been up for 30 mins. every single person is trying to log on right now.... they did try and do as much as possiable but the sheer mass of people can overwhealm a server. Calm down relax and just wait a small bit

• Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

3 guildies currently online atm, they are trickling in :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭moncai

Well yes, i hoped that when they advertise a specific launch time so much, and when they send you a message after 11pm ingame to log out and then relog to experience new content, that they can back up their claims and get it working right and on time.

I understand the reasons why it's difficult to make this work, but that doesnt excuse Blizzard. They're running a MMO.

It's their business to make this work, they've hyped it up. And they're making a handsome profit on it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

NERD%20RAGE.gif

relax bro, we got this

Advertisement