Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Netopia Router question

• 07-12-2010 1:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've been having problems with my router, basically all the lights are working as normal, power, wireless and DSL, however my Internet light is taking an eternity to light up. I've no internet when the light is off, e.g tonight the internet has just started working and I've been trying it pretty much all night.

Now I know there has been trouble with Eircom connections recently but my friend 2 minutes across the road has Eircom and has experienced no trouble. I find it strange that it's perfect now but wouldn't work all night. The router can work but seems to take ages to start now once a connection drops. Any ideas? I did think the weather but I had this problem on a smaller scale prior to the snow.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Possibly a dodgy router, but best to ask eircom if there's anything else at fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭bluefirefly

i'd say its a router problem too.
    I remember a couple years ago my internet gets cut off like once or twice a day and it'll be about 10 mins or the whole night. I forgot what the lights were like.Sometimes it'll be on for an hour and down for a couple mins.

I called eircom and ur man went through EVERY SINGLE bloody step. eg click the start button at the left hand side of your screen, then click my computer...crap
    anyways. Did some ping test. Everything was working fine.
    But i know its not right.But the man kept saying it was fine. Before he hangs up on me..BAM! my net was down!
    Ping test eircom site. Cant connect.

My router was a usb/ethernet only one(very old). he sent a technician in and gave me a new wifi router for free:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Thanks for replies, fair play to Eircom, they're sending me out a free router:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AL2106

Hi all,

i have a question, my son has got into the habit of downloading shed loads, i want to restrict his usage, i have looked into faqs but cannot see a guide, can anybody help ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

That has nothing to do with this thread.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement