Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New learner permit IBT rule query

• 07-12-2010 1:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

Hi

Dont know if any of you will be able to answer this. About new rule for IBT from 6th dec

I passed my theory test on friday 3rd dec. I was unable to get to the tax office thus far. I have got the eye exam done prior 6th dec. So basically I have all I need to get my licence prior to the 6th just have been unable to actually get there to pick it up.

Will I have to undergo the IBT now seeing as 6th dec has passed, or do i technically have a licence. Im so annoyed at myself because I think I am probably wrong and will have to do the IBT but I dont really know

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Unless you manage to sweettalk the girl in the tax office into moving the permit start date back a few days yes, you will have to take IBT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Unless you have one of these you'll need to do the IBT:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

Yeah unfortunately it goes by the date which your learner permit is issued

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭carsQhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

My dad missed the boat on this aswell, anyone have an idea how much IBT will cost? Cause the idea of spending 500 euro on training is throwing him off bikes altogether. Not to mention that he has to spend another 70 euro to do his driving test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

crap missed the boat to :mad:
    any way round it or is it introduced from 6th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Del2005 wrote: »
    Unless you have one of these you'll need to do the IBT:D

I will lend mine out to anyone who wants it. 'cept rather than a delorean it's actually a starlet with a few flaps of cardboard stuck to the back window. :D

Advertisement