Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice for your 16 year old self

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

Yeah there is something wrong with you. Go get it checked out now ;)
    Use the internet a bit less. Running a lot isn't a good idea. Two years later, it'll be pretty sore to even walk to the shop.

The most important one though: Do those things that you want to do, not what you think you should do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Carl Sagan wrote: »
    Yeah there is something wrong with you. Go get it checked out now ;)
    Use the internet a bit less. Running a lot isn't a good idea. Two years later, it'll be pretty sore to even walk to the shop.

The most important one though: Do those things that you want to do, not what you think you should do.

f**king hell its carl sagan. american astrophysicist, cosmologist, astronomer and author extraordinaire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭smallBiscuit

That time in March either don't smoke that joint or have a johnny handy, trust me you want protection on that day .....

Failing that, she will grow up with a brain just like you, very smart and very very lazy. She'll drive you nuts :mad:

Oh, and pay attention in school :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭I Love Cheese

Have a laugh. Don't overthink things. Blow your nose before the incident at the beach. You wont be able to drink that much vodka.
    Actually try in 5th year.

Ditch Tanya, she's a total muppet. Stop being so serious. That IS your Dad coming up the stairs. Stop mitching off school. Stop eat crisps...they will all go to your hips once you hit 25

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

The braces will be worth it, stop complaining!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Get out of home as soon as you can. Go to a university, travel, work in different cities, stop being so introverted and talk to people more. Don't dismiss things cause you think you are mature and know better.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

As I have done, develop time travel for yourself. Then think of some
    advice for your ten year old self. Go back and give it to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jane Eyre

That perm really doesn't suit you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭davidd24

Put your dick away,you can and WILL do ALOT better.
    (jesus i wish i had listened to the older me)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Dont star that ****ing relationship you prick. YOU WILL RUIN YOUR COLLEGE EXPERIENCE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Don't kiss your best friend, she will fúck you up:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

It's perfectly normal and not one bit embarrassing to ask where the Ladies is in a pub rather than sitting there for three hours and 6 bottles of Carlsberg Special with a blind date in absolute agony. That sort of carry on is why you can't skip any more. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Get the **** out of Narnia closets are for clothes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭coolperson05

Move out and get a proper degree! And don't hide who you really are. And don't buy a car cause you'll get fat!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Someone you never would have expected will die at a young age in 2010. The thought will never have crossed your mind, even though the C word has been bandied about for a year or two now. So look around you. See all those people you always complain about - your family, the people you love and who love you most in this world? They are irreplaceable, so treat them that way. Appreciate every last minute you have with them. Sometime's they'll drive you bat-shít crazy but you drive them crazy too and they still put up with your crap. Learn to be a patient person, and don't be selfish. You have been given much on a golden platter, so make the most of it.

Also, don't eat so much and pick up running. You'll be glad of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

There are good and bad times. Nothing I can tell you will ever make that fact go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

Haven't you people seen the films? If you go back in time and meet yourself then everything goes all wonky.

Your arm would probably start disintegrating...so **** would be out of the question forever! Think about it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

gcgirl wrote: »
    Get the **** out of Narnia closets are for clothes

learn punctuation!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 489 ✭✭WaltKowalski

Don't get fat.
    Save.
    Don't waste so much time on that loser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Tubsandtiles

Learn guitar, drums and any other instrument you want, just because you might not be talented like Jimmy Hendrix doesnt mean you cant bring joy to someone with your music one day, dont be stuck here at 19 jobless and clueless wishing to be something you cant be :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Learn the concept of work and reward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

Just have a f**king drink would ya?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭awesom_o

You are a smart, worthy human being.
    Don't listen to those bullies. You are in no way worthless.
    Please don't skip meals. Please don't think you are fat. Don't make yourself sick after spending all your wages (that you worked your ass off for) on binge food.
    Trust me on this one; lying on a hospital bed being fed by a tube on the wall is no life at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Talk him out of going to South America.
    Learn to f**kin drive ASAP. When you do, leave the BMW where it is.

DON'T go near the American, she means "coke", not coke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭Hooked

Buy the domain name www.eBay.com! You'll thank me in September.

Go see toy story in the cinema, don't wait for the video!

Act surprised when OJ gets off! I know... I still can't believe it 16 years later!!!

Do the lotto Christmas week! 03 09 16 19 22 31

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

In 8 years time you'll have empire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

yes, they all say that you don't deserve to be treated like that,
    but actually believe that the right people do and will appreciate and love you for you being you
    oh yeah and stop being such a spoilt brat - fight it. You have more respect for yourself really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

climb up on everyone who takes your fancy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

The Shtig wrote: »
    This is handy advice for a 17 year old but knowing me I'll not listen anyway :D

The biggest thing people seem to want is to invest in a later successful company, hmmm maybe I should with a few newly established ones!

Do it!
    About 12 years ago, I asked a friend of mine who has made some VERY smart stock decisions what emerging technology would be worth investing in. He said VOIP, and that's pretty much as far as it went. If I was one who was given to regret, I'd be regretting the hell out of not taking his advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭CarMuppet

Just relax and enjoy life...... don't worry about stupid stuff.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭Redr

Mind your back and learn how to pick up heavy stuff properly.

Mind your hearing - listening to loud music on your walkman (fado, fado) will ruin it.

Tennis elbow is the pits- alternate what you're doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Ignore C - she's a twat

Don't wear that skirt

Mum was right, you should of joined

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Don't leave it forever to learn how to drive. When you do you'll wonder how you managed without it.
    Yeah Dad may do your head in right now, and ye may fall out over silly things but he's going to be the best in the world to you at some of the worst times in your life. And one day he will be gone and believe me, that hurts like nothing else ever has:(

Advertisement