Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RANT

• 07-12-2010 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Somebody has just triple parked me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In work the carparks are snowed over and you can't see the lines. I parked at the end of the first row of cars, another row built up behind us making two neatish lines. More cars decided to start on the other side! It's bad enough trying to get to and from work in this weather and I am supposed to finish early so I'll either have to bus it home and leave my car or wait for that p****k. SO ANGRY

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Or if try work with you ask them to move their car? Someone has to know who owns it...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

post a pic OP, gotta see this :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Happened to me in Germany, I just sat on the horn until someone appeared.

Next time it happens i'll hit the 'rape alarm' button on the remote and have a coffee somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

EPM wrote: »
    Or if try work with you ask them to move their car? Someone has to know who owns it...
    +1, I wouldn't dream of just waiting passively until the car's owner appered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Its been happening in blanchstown sc carpark the last 2 weekends. I nearly got blocked in because someone parked on the exit. Luckly they were in the car and I got them to move. When I did park someother fool parked there and wasn't to please when I told them they were blocking the exit. The Sister in law get blocked last saturday. Had it have been me I would have taken all necessary steps to move the vechile, legally of course, that includes putting the window in to remove the handbrake to push the car out of the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Wonder how hard it is to push a car with the handbrake on in weather like this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

phill106 wrote: »

Possibly a lot easier than it would be to stop it once you start moving it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Ha if they triple parked, they are fair game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Ha if they triple parked, they are fair game!

Id move it....get a couple of rugby guys and it would be out of the way in seconds...

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Jamie-b

UPDATE- I got out! Kept a hawk eye out and when one moved I got out of there and parked elsewhere. By lunchtime there were cars 4 rows deep! Where I work there are numerous large carparks, lots of staff and visitor cars so you have no chance of finding out who owns it. I saw a few poor sods looking around bewildered when they reached their cars and realised they could have to wait all evening. Will take a photo tomorrow if it happens again!

• Advertisement

Jamie-b wrote: »
    UPDATE- I got out! Kept a hawk eye out and when one moved I got out of there and parked elsewhere. By lunchtime there were cars 4 rows deep! Where I work there are numerous large carparks, lots of staff and visitor cars so you have no chance of finding out who owns it. I saw a few poor sods looking around bewildered when they reached their cars and realised they could have to wait all evening. Will take a photo tomorrow if it happens again!
    Surely they have security? PA systems?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Jamie-b

Surely they have security? PA systems?

No solutions as far as I know. Well, you can't have people policing every car park constantly. You can't tow them as you don't know for sure which was the third car and you can't clamp them as the person in the middle will be even worse delayed.

Couldn't security just call out the reg of the offending car over pa in any buildings the owners might be in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I was a passenger in a 1.3 Corrolla a few years ago that got boxed in by a car in front and behind parked to within and inch of the bumpers in a pub carpark. After 2 attempts to have either moved by haveign it called out on the pub pa, the driver stuck it in reverse and pushed the car behind out of the way with little effort. The car was a Mazda 6 iirc and the car park was dry.

Advertisement