Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

writer Brian Moore

Options
  • 07-12-2010 10:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

american writer Brian Moore has Irish soul
    what is your favourite this writer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭SVG

The op is a bit incoherant but since I'm a fan of Northern Irish/Canadian author Brian Moore, I'm going to assume it's about him.:) I've read a few of his novels but they can be a bit hard to come by. He's a bit Graham Greene-y which I like.

My favourite of his books is No Other Life. It's about a priest looking back at his involvement with a revolutionary leader in a Haiti-like country. I have The Lonely Passion of Judith Hearne at home waiting to be read but I haven't got around to it yet- I might dig it out over Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭WinstonSmith

SVG wrote: »
    The op is a bit incoherant but since I'm a fan of Northern Irish/Canadian author Brian Moore, I'm going to assume it's about him.:) I've read a few of his novels but they can be a bit hard to come by. He's a bit Graham Greene-y which I like.

My favourite of his books is No Other Life. It's about a priest looking back at his involvement with a revolutionary leader in a Haiti-like country. I have The Lonely Passion of Judith Hearne at home waiting to be read but I haven't got around to it yet- I might dig it out over Christmas.

Have a bottle of whiskey ready whenever you decide to read it- it's a good book but really would drive ya to the drink. you'll understand after you've read it...

Advertisement