Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo: Combat Evolved Remake Rumours

Options
  • 07-12-2010 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭

I really hope these rumours are true...

Microsoft haven't really denied it, it would be great to play the game again in HD. Played through it recently and it was great bar the dated graphics.

They'd want to either lower the price or throw in new features if it's going to be a full price release (if its released at all)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

I hope they're not. Why does everything have to be remade? Why can't they just leave things alone?!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I think its a great idea, especially for newbies to the franchise who have only played reach. Its the follow on game from Reach and gives them the chance to really get into the franchise with the original (and best) game in lovely HD and not a 10 year old engine!

Would love to see it happen

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

i hope they do aswell,,i tried playing the origanle halo a few months back and couldnt get into it like the other halo games espicaly the controls for the warthog and that,would be great to have it updated with a better game engine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

i hope they do aswell,,i tried playing the origanle halo a few months back and couldnt get into it like the other halo games espicaly the controls for the warthog and that,would be great to have it updated with a better game engine

An update with the Reach engine and online multiplayer, other than that is should be left alone.

I really hope this happens, putting the original trilogy on the 360 in HD would be great. I play through the halo series occasionally and there are a few things that bug me about how H1 and H2 transitioned over from the OG Xbox to the 360.

The old system's graphics are dated, obviously, but the backwards compatibility on the 360 isn't perfect either, leading to graphical glitches here and there. Also the controller differences between the 2 systems lead to issues using the 360 controller with a game that was designed to use the original Xbox pad.

Lastly HCE had no online multiplayer support, it was local or LAN only. Xbox Live compatibility could be added in pretty easily and would make this a must buy for me. There were some very fun maps in that game, it would be nice to be able to give them a spin with online matchmaking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Would be pretty sweet. Graphics are fairly dated now, though both the original games still hold up pretty well I think. Playing Halo 2 on my PC at the moment for two reasons, one being the better visuals, the other being the ability to play it in 3d which freakin rocks beyond belief.

bring back blood gulch/coagulation!! Hemmorage for Reach is not the same, nor any sort of remake...it's got a base on either side, and that's about all they have in common. When I first heard the news, I thought they had remake it faithfully....was pretty disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manic mailman

Rob2D wrote: »
    I hope they're not. Why does everything have to be remade? Why can't they just leave things alone?!

Because if they think they can make money off it, they'll definitely consider it.

I wouldn't mind a remake but not so soon - maybe in another 5 years when the next gen of consoles are out and developers have an idea what their consoles are capable of achieving, for instance i remember seeing in many of the bungie interviews that they felt much more confident about the coding, etc that went into making the game as a result of knowing what the 360 is capable of.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6297579.html

Looks like it's more than a rumour at last. Due to be released 10 years to the day after the original, in Q4 this year. New engine, redone HD graphics, and new online modes.:)

Advertisement