Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rain on the Rock

• 07-12-2010 10:35am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Just had an email about a recent rare torrential downpour captured by local Tog Peter Carroll

Gallery here.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Awesome set of images!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Great photos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Some beautiful landscapes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭goods

wow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Not bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Bit underwhelming tbh - What's happening is pretty cool, but the actual photos aren't really all that special. 3-4 really nice ones in the set, but apart from that - wasn't the best tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

My thinking ^^

Not saying I'd do better, given fancy equipment and the know how,or having that scenario to begin with. We all know it's something else in places like that, photographer's dream. So you have to make it really special given the opportunity, local or not.

I love some of them, but find others a bit off. Some of the ones with trees in, where they seem to just be growing randomly out of nowhere in silhouettes, and very 2 dimensional. Something off about some of them ... maybe better composition would have helped.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I put these up without comment but had heard about these photo's in the media. I do quite like them but I feel that there was a lot more that could have done with this rare opportunity. I guess my feeling is that this set is competent and safe but not inspiring. Then I guess you have to be at a site to realise the restrictions at the time. I was hoping for more, even though there is litte wrong with what is there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Loike, toshally overexposed in at least half them, I swear there's excessive noise in the dork ports, and not a rule of thirds in sight, dyknowhatimean?

next!

*so not completely jealous or anything...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,267 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i think one problem he has is lack of editing them down - there are 34 shots there, and some look like he just changed zoom slightly or moved a few feet, e.g. 27/28/29.
    if he cut them down to six or eight, they might have more impact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I've never seen Uluru look like that so I liked them. I agree they could have been edited down a bit.

Advertisement