Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland (365online / ATM) issues anyone else?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭thelongfellow

<SNIP> No scaremongering please
    MPORTANT CUSTOMER MESSAGE: MAJOR IT ISSUE
    Bank of Ireland confirms that an unforeseen technical issue has impacted some of our operating systems this morning and our telephone and online banking services are currently unavailable. However, all branches are open and operating as normal but with a temporary restricted cash service. All ATMs are operating normally but with a restricted cash service for Bank of Ireland cardholders. Some customers may be unable to conduct point-of-sale transactions but Bank of Ireland credit card transactions are unaffected. We apologise to our customers for any inconvenience they are experiencing and wish to assure them that we are working with our IT partners to ensure that all services are reinstated as a priority.

As a side note-how is it that a modern day banking system as operated by our bank does not has an efficient self-banking system? Even with this major failure of what BOI call their IT system they are still a complete joke. Maybe now that we own it we can implement some chances in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

ive heard that bank of Ireland atms are givin out 300 euros by mistake is this true

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Threads merged

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

Tried to pay rent in branch today, cashier said most that can be taken out is €65 because all there systems are down. Also tried to do some purchases with my laser and they got declined. It's probably due to the budget!

Mmm scaremongerring!

Well the facts at hand are that the people can not take out money and can not make payments with their laser card.

Is it preposterous to think our bank has run out of funds?

Given the current state of all banks in Eire and the world as a whole it is not as improbable as it sounds.

And don't be so naive in thinking the banks would let the people know if there was anything wrong. They lied to the government and they will continue to lie to us. But that is for another day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

jimmynokia wrote: »
    ive heard that bank of Ireland atms are givin out 300 euros by mistake is this true

There'll probably just be a delay in debiting the account.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Just logged into 365online. Seems to be back up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

stimpson wrote: »
    Just logged into 365online. Seems to be back up and running.

Still not working for me.

EDIT: May be because I'm using Safari it's not working. It never liked Safari anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Tried Google Chrome and still not working.

EDIT again! Working with Firefox!

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

The Atm ques are mad in Limerick....people withdrawing bucket loads of money they dont have madness!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I have a steady stream of people coming in looking for a bank machine.

It appears the BOI machines are giving away free money. The Gardai are at the machine in Ballyfermot stopping people using the machine.

Word is out !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭lippy88

Yes i can confirm dat between approximately 5.10 and 5.39,Anybody lucky enough to withdraw money got money even if it wasnt in their account.
    I couldnt myself as im with AIB,but my 2 friends heard the rumour and both got 200euro each and their accounts were empty!!!!!!!!We ran down to another nearby ATM and when we got there a BanGarda was standing there and smiled 'Sorry Lads you missed the free money' Unknown to her the 2 lads had already got their piece of the cake!!So we were wondering...will BOI just withdraw 200 from their accounts when they next get work payment(every wednesday)???

Mmm scaremongerring!

Well the facts at hand are that the people can not take out money and can not make payments with their laser card.

Is it preposterous to think our bank has run out of funds?

Given the current state of all banks in Eire and the world as a whole it is not as improbable as it sounds.

And don't be so naive in thinking the banks would let the people know if there was anything wrong. They lied to the government and they will continue to lie to us. But that is for another day.

I very much doubt it considering the ATMs are currently allowing people with insufficient funds to make withdrawals. BOI have issues for 1 day and suddenly the banks are out of money...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭buttercupbee

Has anyone heard about this? I went along to several ATMs and the amount of people trying their cards was unreal.
    Two people I know got more than what was in their accounts!
    Town blazing with tales of the machines, the talk is everywhere.
    BOI system is crashed and can not tell what amount of money is on anyone's accounts. Bad news if you've got a few million....

Anyone get free cash???
    Me - not so f*****g lucky :mad:

I have a steady stream of people coming in looking for a bank machine.

It appears the BOI machines are giving away free money. The Gardai are at the machine in Ballyfermot stopping people using the machine.

Word is out
    !

What has this got to do with the Gardai? Is should be BOI staff out there trying to stop people taking money out.

That I would love to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Systems are back up since 5pm. Can't comment on 365 as I didn't login before I left my desk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

More than likely their accounts will be 200 overdrawn tomorrow.

What has this got to do with the Gardai? Is should be BOI staff out there trying to stop people taking money out.

Really? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Yeah, there will be a record of every withdrawal. Unfortunately, the banks get free money from us, but not the other way around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭buttercupbee

They cant take back whatever amount of money if the person has not been using the account, they'll have to chase them down with letters, on the nevernever list.

People regularly using their account? They probably will. Dont know if there's some legal thing about that tho as it's 100% the bank's fault. As it always is.
    They must be going bust altogether, what do you think???

What part of the country you in???

• Advertisement

They will also be charged for going over their limit. Free money alright, for the bank.

Ha this thread has over 100views in the space of 10minutes.

Move along, nothing to see here... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

attachment.php?attachmentid=138584&stc=1&d=1291748905

I think this is what may have alerted the cops....:D

Oh good god.... They should have switched off that machine....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

the word has it that the banks could not tell your balance or withdraw limit and that they wer giving out 300 quid a pop i know a few of my mates tried it and over withdrew but they will have to pay it back HA HA HA
    be nice if ya got away with it LOL

BTW
    as far as i can remember the bank has to ask your permission to get it back or reimburse them

jimmynokia wrote: »
    as far as i can remember the bank has to ask your permission to get it back or reimburse them

Eh no they don't... Each and every account will be debited. If the person had insufficient funds it becomes their problem.

The behaviour of some people is absolutely scandalous.

stepbar wrote: »
    Really? :rolleyes:

Yes, really.

Typical though-running to someone else to do what they should be doing.

Yes, really.

Typical though-running to someone else to do what they should be doing.

Oh, so on top of everything else branch staff do, crowd control should be included....

Go pick yourself up a Darwin award :rolleyes:

Has anyone heard about this? I went along to several ATMs and the amount of people trying their cards was unreal.
    Two people I know got more than what was in their accounts!
    Town blazing with tales of the machines, the talk is everywhere.
    BOI system is crashed and can not tell what amount of money is on anyone's accounts. Bad news if you've got a few million....

Anyone get free cash???
    Me - not so f*****g lucky :mad:

Anyone who thinks the bank won't debit the money is an utter clown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭3DataModem

The banks are still going to debit the money, they just can't check your balance beforehand.

Advertisement