Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland (365online / ATM) issues anyone else?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭William Powell

gar32 wrote: »
    Blank of Ireland look it up. You are using the Internet :)

I did - what a waste of time

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

gar32 wrote: »
    Could it be this "Blank of Ireland" book thing? I hear they want BOI out of the country by 25th Dec. The claim BOI is English & the profits go there. I have savings but I also have mortgage too. I am a little worried any one know?
    It's a book, nothing more, nothing less.

I think what's funny about this whole thing is that BOI were the one major bank in the least trouble out of the lot, with the best chance of getting back on its own feet. If people start panicking over nothing and thinking that there's something more to this than a major IT outage, they'll move their money to AIB or elsewhere and BOI could be rightly screwed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭gar32

If you live by the sword :)

I am unhappy with all & any bank. Lied to the govenment & did not vet many of the billions lent out. The whole system is a fail & will have many more problems. I am sure. Greed & bankers the words just go togther ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

j_lennon18 wrote: »
    The .ie eventually brings you to https://www.365online.com/banking.htm after you click login.

Its very slow for me but works. :pac:

Still not working for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭gar32

Or for me. I am hoping it is only IT issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Realtine

j_lennon18 wrote: »
    Your URL is incorrect. It should be www.365online.com, not www365online.com.

But it doesn't matter because the website is down because of an IT issue.

THANK YOU - you are correct I had forgot a dot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

bank of Ireland online banking is now down again!!! who the hell is in charge there......ffs!

[SIZE=+1] IMPORTANT CUSTOMER MESSAGE: MAJOR IT ISSUE [/SIZE] [SIZE=-1] Bank of Ireland confirms that an unforeseen technical issue has impacted some of our operating systems this morning and our telephone and online banking services are currently unavailable. However, all branches are open and operating as normal but with a temporary restricted cash service. All ATMs are operating normally but with a restricted cash service for Bank of Ireland cardholders. Some customers may be unable to conduct point-of-sale transactions but Bank of Ireland credit card transactions are unaffected. We apologise to our customers for any inconvenience they are experiencing and wish to assure them that we are working with our IT partners to ensure that all services are reinstated as a priority. [/SIZE]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Jools_452

Realtine wrote: »
    THANK YOU - you are correct I had forgot a dot!

Any idea on when this will be back up and running again? So hope it is just I.T thing and not that my moneys gone.........?!!!!!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Jools_452

ingen wrote: »
    bank of Ireland online banking is now down again!!! who the hell is in charge there......ffs!

[SIZE=+1] IMPORTANT CUSTOMER MESSAGE: MAJOR IT ISSUE [/SIZE] [SIZE=-1] Bank of Ireland confirms that an unforeseen technical issue has impacted some of our operating systems this morning and our telephone and online banking services are currently unavailable. However, all branches are open and operating as normal but with a temporary restricted cash service. All ATMs are operating normally but with a restricted cash service for Bank of Ireland cardholders. Some customers may be unable to conduct point-of-sale transactions but Bank of Ireland credit card transactions are unaffected. We apologise to our customers for any inconvenience they are experiencing and wish to assure them that we are working with our IT partners to ensure that all services are reinstated as a priority. [/SIZE]

Tell me about it..so frustrating!!!!!!!!! I like that they've misspelled also..its an 'IT' as opposed an 'I.T' issue..........any word on when will be back working??

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

Is there not a big thread about this already??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

i dont know, but if ever there was an example not to outsource your major IT systems, then this is the one.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

365 phone worked for me earlier. Or at least it seemed to.

Anyone know if BOI cc credit limits are affected by this issue? As in, letting you go overlimit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Selected

beglee wrote: »
    Without knowing what caused their system outages, do you think it is safe to use their online banking now that it is just back up seemingly?

For all we know, their systems were down due to an attack/hackers.
    Or who knows if all their security systems/measures are back running fully/properly.
    Or anything like that could be an issue.

Am i being paranoid?
    That is not the result of "hacking" by outsiders. I know that computer system quite well. It is due to incompetence and failure to plan and execute a software upgrade properly. I just hope they have a good customer records back up scheme. I once worked on an Irish Mainframe system where they thought they were making triple redundant backup tapes and sending them to 3 different locations. One time they needed to restore the system and found their tapes were blank, so had to completely rebuild their system by running through an entire weeks worth of transactions, using data from the central clearing system.

Quote from another discussion on matter - http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message1281267/pg1

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭pistonsvox

Two of my transactions reversed... i dunno if this is a good or bad thing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

Big difference between this situation where there is no fault or bad intention with the customer, compared to the situation where someone has deliberately taken out €300 when they know they have little or nothing in their account.

In this case its likely they will realise the mistake, but they should not charge you interest or surcharges. Keep a regular eye on your account over the next couple of weeks and as soon as the €600 is debited, make sure to give it back straight away - and if there is an automatic charge, make sure to ring up to get it removed. What I'd do is lodge the money back in straight away, so its sitting there if/when the bank call on it.

I already put the money back in. I will leave it there a few months and if they don't charge it then I may just keep it, don't know yet I may still tell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Croí

It's working! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

My balance online hasn't added in my money yet and it always comes in about quarter past twelve. I am starting to get worried.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33 dave_ireland

Resi12 wrote: »
    My balance online hasn't added in my money yet and it always comes in about quarter past twelve. I am starting to get worried.. :(

Same here, I usually have money added @ midnight.. No sign of it yet either...
    Hopefully, it will be in my account when I wake up in the morning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Same here, I usually have money added @ midnight.. No sign of it yet either...
    Hopefully, it will be in my account when I wake up in the morning?

Thank God! I thought I was the only one.. Hopefully it is just 365 on the fritz and we will get our money bright and early (I hope).

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Standing orders are leaving my account as normal. Wont know about incoming amounts till tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I can log into 365online now, but my balances are showing as unknown. I guess there are still issues outstanding. It's also very slow, possibly because half their customers are all trying to log on at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭touts

I have not been able to log on for two days and the system is STILL down. It's already the worst excuse for online banking in the country. From what I can see they have no incentive to fix the system. If they leave it down for a few days they will make millions in overdraft fees and interest for people who can't maintian their accounts on line.

I've had enough of them and I'm switching as soon as I can. Can anyone recommend which is the best alternative. AIB? PTSB? Ulster bank?

Working fine today but very very slow.

Money I paid in yesterday is showing in my account.

Checked back 12 months and all that data is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Anyone who has worked in IT systems can tell you that it takes time to get systems back up online. Testing, quality checks and pre-flight checks (and possibly root cause analysis) all need to be executed before the system can be released to the user population. If the system was released before it was ready, then the consequences would be even worse.

I have sympathy for Bank of Ireland IT staff at the moment - they must be under incredible pressure. It is not helped by people declaring that this is Bank of Ireland trying to make extra money off overdrafts & interest. If you think about it logically for a minute, BofI are probably going to lose a lot of customers over this. There is no way that this is an attempt to extract money, the loss of reuptation and customers far outweighs that.

The fact of the matter is that this is probably a major IT systems outage. Unfortunately, it comes at a time when there is a mass, ill-informed hysteria around Irish banks in general. BofI are one of the banks that require the least assistance. Other banks are in a far more precarious position.

I do not want to hear more unfounded speculation or attempts at rabble-rousing. We need to wait and let the facts emerge.

dudara wrote: »
    Anyone who has worked in IT systems can tell you that it takes time to get systems back up online. Testing, quality checks and pre-flight checks (and possibly root cause analysis) all need to be executed before the system can be released to the user population. If the system was released before it was ready, then the consequences would be even worse.

I have sympathy for Bank of Ireland IT staff at the moment - they must be under incredible pressure. It is not helped by people declaring that this is Bank of Ireland trying to make extra money off overdrafts & interest. If you think about it logically for a minute, BofI are probably going to lose a lot of customers over this. There is no way that this is an attempt to extract money, the loss of reuptation and customers far outweighs that.

The fact of the matter is that this is probably a major IT systems outage. Unfortunately, it comes at a time when there is a mass, ill-informed hysteria around Irish banks in general. BofI are one of the banks that require the least assistance. Other banks are in a far more precarious position.

I do not want to hear more unfounded speculation or attempts at rabble-rousing. We need to wait and let the facts emerge.

If its working fine for some people then they the chances are the system is up and running but they have lost data somewhere so are piecing it back together from individual transaction logs which could take a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

dudara wrote: »
    Unfortunately, it comes at a time when there is a mass, ill-informed hysteria around Irish banks in general.

While I agree with most of your post, I think you are incorrect in your analysis above. The Irish banks have never been in a worse position.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Money was transfered to my account from AIB Online Banking, I hope it gets there ok. I can't log into 365online today

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

adox wrote: »
    While I agree with most of your post, I think you are incorrect in your analysis above. The Irish banks have never been in a worse position.

I agree with you - they are in a very bad position, this results in the hysteria and general frenzy we see now, further fuelled by the systems outage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

frustration. i can get in, can see my balances but can't transfer money to another bank. the other bank account is going to be hit with a direct debit tomorrow and there won't be enough funds!

as for the comment above about "ill-informed" speculation - that's the banks' own fault for lying and covering up over the last while. Can't blame people for being worried when the banks say "don't worry - everything is fine" !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

365 online still have some problems. Cant log in and its very very slow.

Advertisement