Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland (365online / ATM) issues anyone else?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

This is a joke. I could come up with all sorts of conspiracy theories but that's not likely to achieve anything. How could one of our 'major' (if such a thing exists in an Irish context) banks have this sort of problem for this long ? It's just mad.

z

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭damoz

They need to just CTRL-ALT-DEL and it will be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭William Powell

damoz wrote: »
    They need to just CTRL-ALT-DEL and it will be fine.

May be thats what caused the problem :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Well at least the phone banking is working. I called them up there now and got through to someone within about a minute and I was able to check my balance and pay my credit card bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭damoz

Just got sorted via phone banking. She said they hoped it would be back online in a couple of hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 KarenOD

Is anybody experiencing difficulty with laser payments? I had made a couple of payments yesterday and I've been contacted to say there was problems authorising payment, I definately have the money to cover them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Well at least the phone banking is working. I called them up there now and got through to someone within about a minute and I was able to check my balance and pay my credit card bill.

You can use automated options for most things on the phone as well. Its a long time since I used it but had to this morning, and was able to check balance,transactions and transfer money without speaking to anyone.

adox wrote: »
    You can use automated options for most things on the phone as well. Its a long time since I used it but had to this morning, and was able to check balance,transactions and transfer money without speaking to anyone.

True but for some reason I didn't think the automated thing could tell me how much I owed on my credit card, which is what I needed to know so I could transfer money to clear it off.

Got it sorted anyway. A bit cumbersome but better than nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Wtf are they doing!?!? :eek:

Still down on Friday. Four days.

Gonna look at moving after this.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Statement printers in the branch are working, thats the only way I could see a load of tranx at once since it went down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭cactus10

Absolute joke. I can understand technical issues taking it down for an hour or so but this is pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Realtine

This issue makes me realise just how much I depend on online 365 to do my banking, pay bills, etc etc. and I really miss it - I just don't want to go down to my branch and phone banking just isn't the same from a mobile.
    I want to know what the hell is going on - did someone try to hack into the site, is it being upgraded, are my details safe?
    There doesn't seem to be any real explanation about what's going on from anywhere or even a timeframe for when it might be safely sorted.
    :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Realtine wrote: »
    I want to know what the hell is going on - did someone try to hack into the site, is it being upgraded, are my details safe?
    There doesn't seem to be any real explanation about what's going on from anywhere or even a timeframe for when it might be safely sorted.
    :mad:
    REALLY poor management of the situation from a public perception point of view - confidence is low enough in banks as it is. They are obviously either running around like headless chickens, or they don't give a crap about the people who want to use Banking 365.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭cactus10

http://www.bankofireland.com/about-boi-group/press-room/press-releases/item/236/customer-notice-further-it-update/#december

10 December 2010

We confirm that following technical difficulties on Tuesday 7th December, all customer facilities including ATM, Laser, branch and telephone banking are available. However, our online banking facility, www.365online.com is currently unavailable to customers until later today. As a result we would encourage our online banking users to avail of our 365 telephone banking service which is fully operational and offers the same facilities.
    Our objective is to complete stabilisation of IT connectivity over the weekend.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 browsergal

I also seem to have problems internet buying and I have tried both my laser and credit card. What a joke :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Well, I guess this proves they are just as bad at managing systems as they are at managing their loan book. Total joke.

The message on their web site looks like it was typed up in notepad. It also has no time stamp on it so you can't tell if they are actively fixing the issue. Actually their whole online banking site, when it works, looks like it was designed to be used in Netscape v1.0. They really need to get the finger out.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭peking97

Working fine for me just now!

peking97 wrote: »
    Working fine for me just now!

I'm just getting a screen saying they're hoping to have it back online later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭pnag

"We are currently experiencing technical issues and hope to have normal service restored as soon as possible.All our branches are open as normal."

Great, but I'm in work, and I do all my banking online!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dimma

I'm am living in China on assignment at present so need 365 in order to live as I transfer money online to credit card as I still get paid in Ireland....walk into a branch local.....yes I can do that NOT....and as for phoning...that will cost a fortune,,do they realise that they have thousands and thousands of customers abroad that use 365 online....

what could be wrong with this system that takes from last tuesday till now and still not fixed!!!

I still cannot get into it as yet, was slow yesterday,,,lets hope they fix it once and for all this time eh!!!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭William Powell

www.365online.com not the dot COM gives this msg at present
    IMPORTANT CUSTOMER MESSAGE

We confirm that following technical difficulties on Tuesday, 7th December, all customer facilities including ATM, Laser/Maestro, branch and telephone banking are available. However, our Online banking facility, www.365online.com is currently unavailable to customers until later today. As a result we would encourage our online banking users to avail of our automated 365 telephone banking service which is fully operational and offers a range of facilities.
    To contact Bank of Ireland 365 simply call :
    0818 365 365 from RoI
    0845 7 365 555 from NI
    0845 7 365 333 from GB
    and, with your same six-digit PIN (as you use for 365 online), you can:

Check your balance
    Find out about your recent transactions
    Pay a bill or transfer funds between registered Bank of Ireland accounts or to third-party accounts (subject to account balance, certain limits apply)
    Check your credit card balance and transaction
    Order statements
    Check your credit card balance and transaction
    Apply for a loan, mortgage or credit card
    Change your 365 PIN

www.365online.ie gives this one:

We are currently experiencing technical issues and hope to have normal service restored as soon as possible.All our branches are open as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Messages are identical on both sites for me right now.

We confirm that following technical difficulties on Tuesday, 7th December, all customer facilities including ATM, Laser/Maestro, branch and telephone banking are available. However, our Online banking facility, www.365online.com is currently unavailable to customers until later today. As a result we would encourage our online banking users to avail of our automated 365 telephone banking service which is fully operational and offers a range of facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dimma

Anyone any idea when this site 365 will be back up, according to the message it will be up later today and then it says stabilization over the weekend.
    Its being up/down like a yoyo and mega slow too!!!

Please please BOI fix it real soon,,some of us really need access to our online accounts.:mad:

whats the story with online banking with this bank???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

It's back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭touts

stepbar wrote: »
    It's back up.

Back up for close of the business week. They will make a fortune from overdraft fees, interest etc because people were not able to manage their accounts this week.

I got forms to switch to Ulster Bank today.

touts wrote: »
    Back up for close of the business week. They will make a fortune from overdraft fees, interest etc because people were not able to manage their accounts this week.

I got forms to switch to Ulster Bank today.

And you're telling me this because......?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

stepbar wrote: »
    And you're telling me this because......?
    Hes not telling you, this is an internet forum, not your email account

CiaranC wrote: »
    Hes not telling you, this is an internet forum, not your email account

He quoted my post :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭Hamilcar

That's what you get when you outsource your IT functions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I didn't post my earlier warning for the good of my health. Keep the debate to the point, constructive and free of personal abuse. This applies to everyone taking part in this thread.

Advertisement