Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 Weeks 4 Days No Symptoms. Is This Normal???

Options
  • 07-12-2010 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Found out a couple of days ago I was pregnant :D. Did a few tests and they were all positive (faint lines but def positive). The thing is I have no symptoms at all :eek: i taught yesterday my boobs were a little tender but now think I was imagining it :rolleyes:
    Is it normal to have no symptoms this early on?? When should and what should I expect?
    Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks ;) xxxx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭newmammy2011

Congratulations!!
    I am currently 19 weeks pregnant with twins and have had very few symptoms.
    Got a few headaches which my doc said were probably hormone related but definitely wasnt as early as 4/5 weeks.
    Getting a bit tired in the last couple of weeks but nothing too bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭alde

Twins wow congratulations. Double the fun (and trouble ;) ) I suppose I just want to feel some symptoms to make it feel more real :D

Yep I was worried about the lack of symptoms at the start! We went and got a private scan done at 9 weeks to make sure all was ok! That defo reassured me!

Im actually in for a scan in two weeks. I had an ectopic earlier this year so they are bringing me in at 7 wks to make sure all is where it should be so hopefully then I can relax and enjoy the pregnancy all going well.

Fingers and toes crossed here for you that all goes alright this time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I had a slight positive test just over 3 weeks but negatives then until 5 weeks - had a scan as am very high risk pregnancy (multiple miscarriages, diabetes etc), I did not get symptoms until 6 weeks but then I got them strongly. I know that it is normal to worry especially if you have miscarried (sorry for your loss). It turned out that my dates were wrong and I was not as far along but that has remained constant.

Thanks Cathy, I have a scan in two weeks so fingers crossed I can relax then. Hope all is well in your pregnancy now and for the future xx

alde wrote: »
    Thanks Cathy, I have a scan in two weeks so fingers crossed I can relax then. Hope all is well in your pregnancy now and for the future xx
    Thanks, I actually had a son last April and tried again after 5 months and...12 weeks today, have a scan this afternoon.

Thats brilliant. Congratulations. Best of luck this afternoon. Let me know how everything goes fingers crossed for you xx

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

Try not to worry too much about lack of symptoms, I was the same, I am just coming up to 12 weeks now and only had some symptoms around weeks 7 - 9. Count yourself lucky so far that you have noting worse yet! And wish you best of luck with your scan in few weeks, I know these two weeks will feel like the longest ever but try not stress....Oh and congrats!

• Advertisement

Thanks Winnie I am trying my best to stay positive about this pregnancy. My husband is very positive this time so fingers crossed xx

Scan was fine, still crying with relief. Wishing you all the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Silcocky

Hi Alde,

I'm ten weeks tomorrow and have had VERY few symptoms since I found out (at 4+4) - was terrified that there was something wrong, but had the scan yesterday and everything fine.
    Such a relief - two close friends have been sick as dogs, god love them...!

I won't tell you not to worry, everyone told me and you can't help it, but be reassured that no symptoms doesn't mean somethings wrong!

I saw this as a very seasoned non worrier of a whole 22hrs! ;)

Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 catherine5

hi alde .
    i have a boy of 3 when i was pregnant with him i only found out at 15 and half weeks had absolutely no symptoms at all. so not to worry,
    im now 21 weeks pregnant and found out straight away.but the only symptoms i had in first 14 was increase in my boob size so some people just dont get symptoms early on. id even say now only for the bump and movement i wouldnt believe i was expecting at all.
    anyway best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hey guys,
    I am a few days late but no tests done yet. I know that there is definitely something going on in my tummy though because I seem to be getting loads of pregnancy symtoms.
    This maybe a silly question but has anyone ever had symtoms this early?
    I am feeling quite nausesous for last 2 days, I keep smelling things really strongly and then it makes me feel like gagging (tmi), im very tired and I have been quiet emotional this last month! The strangest thing is that lower tummy is definietly bigger and my trousers are very tight, I could see my mother looking at me strangely earlier today. I know that this shouldnt be happening yet so I am a bit freeked out.

Advertisement