Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ibra, the most entertaining player in the world

• 07-12-2010 11:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭

Another round in Serie A and another great goal from Ibra. I'm a Juve fan but ever since he's gone to Milan I'll always check out their highlights before Juve's solely because of Ibra and I'm normally not disappointed. He's always willing to try something completely different in every game and will smash them in half the time and place them the other half. His variety does it for me. I know Messi's runs are great but for me they're not the same.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭dizzywizlw

A juve fan that still swoons over a player that left the club in it's darkest hour to join their fiercest rivals.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

dizzywizlw wrote: »
    A juve fan that still swoons over a player that left the club in it's darkest hour to join their fiercest rivals.:rolleyes:

I'm not the only one. He's just phenomenaly entertaining to watch and I'd rather not deprive myself of enjoying my favourite players because they play for a different team

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

He is an amazing player, i'm still raging he was forced out of Barca, this time last year i got my Barca jersey with IBRA 9 on the back :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

He's dung tbh. Very unlikeable too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,469 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Surely Messi is the most entertaining player around anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Surely Messi is the most entertaining player around anyway.

I find Messi a bit samey. Like a Snickers, it'sgood but always the same whereas Ibra is a bit like Revels, patchy but different

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

he acts the shít, and by all accounts, is a bit of a plonker off the pitch, but i've never understood the hate he gets on it.

he wasn't even bad for Barca; he just didn't suit them, and Villa was always going to be the preferred choice if and when he became available, purely because he suits them better.

at Juve, Inter, and now Milan, he's been nothing short of remarkable from what i've seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I find Messi a bit samey. Like a Snickers, it'sgood but always the same whereas Ibra is a bit like Revels, patchy but different
    I don't like Snickers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Joey Barton is the most entertaining player in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Entertaining, yup , thats a good word alright :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

He's dung tbh.

Well, know we know the extent of your football knowledge.

I'd agree with Bubs to a good extent. Zlatan is a very creative player - you really couldn't guess what he might try. Also very effective. There are few players I enjoy watching more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Well, know we know the extent of your football knowledge.

I'd agree with Bubs to a good extent. Zlatan is a very creative player - you really couldn't guess what he might try. Also very effective. There are few players I enjoy watching more.

He used to be one of my favourite players a few years ago, things like that wee flick he scored to knock Italy out of Euro 2004 (I think) I loved! But the more I watched him the more frustrated I became with him. No doubt he has serious talent but he just gives me the impression he can't be bothered half the time.

Most players would kill to have half the talent he has but he just gives me the impression that he doesn't seem to care. Loads disagree with me but that's my opinion of him

*Maybe dung wasn't the right word to use, he just p*sses me off sometimes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

zlatan is class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

SlickRic wrote: »
    he acts the shít, and by all accounts, is a bit of a plonker off the pitch, but i've never understood the hate he gets on it.

he wasn't even bad for Barca; he just didn't suit them, and Villa was always going to be the preferred choice if and when he became available, purely because he suits them better.

at Juve, Inter, and now Milan, he's been nothing short of remarkable from what i've seen.

I've never quite understood the hostility he gets from Irish fans either. He is a most unpleasant man, but he has scored a range of goals, and lots of them, across 4 of the biggest clubs in Europe and he is still 'dung'. :confused:

I wonder is it because Dunphy had a go at him in a WC that a number of Irish fans have decided he is poor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

He's class, and for a lad deemed inconsistent he's got a decent to great strike rate at every club he's played at. I've seen him do things on the pitch that few players could replicate, so he belongs to a select group.... at least in terms of entertainment value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

He does look pretty good in his Serie A comfort zone, I'll give him that.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

You definitely should've added the video of the goal too,

Great display of the arrogance that sets the top players apart, and his ridiculous skills.
    Pity about the music though.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Ibra is the type of player that can look great in a highlights package but if you see him for 90 mins he can be so frustrating. Unbelievable talent though.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭dagdha

I think he is great and I wished he had of stayed at Barca as his stats were pretty good for him but his workrate left alot to be desired.

I think his main problem is that he has to be the main man in whatever team he plays and was that at Inter and now at Milan, he was never going to be the main man at Barca especially with Messi around and I think that kind of put his nose out of joint :p

I don't know if this is true or not but apparently he told Pep that he wanted to be treated the same as Messi as he was as good as him. I think it was this type of arrogance that was his downfall at Barca.

A front three of Villa,Ibra and Messi would of been awesome on paper but probably not a good idea in practice.

• Advertisement

Remember this Pinturicchio?

Remember this Pinturicchio?

I do, although I had forgotten about it. I can't imagine any other player scoring that goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

I love Zlats. I find myself watching Milan nearly every week just because of him. When he is playing ANYTHING can happen. He is a joy to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Ibra is the best player in the history of the world.

/thread

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

I think Riquelme is the most entertaining to watch. Ibra's alrite, bit of a plonker like mentioned earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

I love the guy and the skills he has are amazing but thinking about it i still prefer to watch Messi, saying Messi is "samey" is madness.

With Zlatan much like with Ronaldinho at his best they can do anything and it will really have you thinking what the hell just happened there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Bubs101 wrote: »

It sounds mad but I know what you mean. I love watching Messi and he is obviously very entertaining. But Ibra does win the highlights on sheer unexpected and unorthodox madness. Plus, on players with longer legs it's easier to see what's actually happening :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Who else in the world would even think of doing this, never mind pulling it off?

Zlatan, don't ever chanhge,

<3

Seán.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,320 ✭✭✭sonic85

Warper wrote: »
    Ibra is the type of player that can look great in a highlights package but if you see him for 90 mins he can be so frustrating. Unbelievable talent though.

exactly. hes not my cup of tea to be honest. couldnt believe pep swapped etoo for him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I've never quite understood the hostility he gets from Irish fans either. He is a most unpleasant man, but he has scored a range of goals, and lots of them, across 4 of the biggest clubs in Europe and he is still 'dung'. :confused:

I wonder is it because Dunphy had a go at him in a WC that a number of Irish fans have decided he is poor?

Or maybe cause he acts the cúnt off the pitch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

He's a striker for the youtube generation

Senior career*
    Years | Team | Apps† | (Gls)†
    1999–2001 Malmö FF : 40 (16)
    2001–2004 Ajax : 74 (35)
    2004–2006 Juventus : 69 (23)
    2006–2009 Inter : 88 (57)
    2009– Barcelona : 29 (16)
    2010– → Milan (loan) : 14 (8)

National team‡
    2001– Sweden 66 (25)

so thats 314 club appearances in which he has scored 155 goals. i really cant see how his abilities can be criticised

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Jazzy wrote: »
    Senior career*
    Years | Team | Apps† | (Gls)†
    1999–2001 Malmö FF : 40 (16)
    2001–2004 Ajax : 74 (35)
    2004–2006 Juventus : 69 (23)
    2006–2009 Inter : 88 (57)
    2009– Barcelona : 29 (16)
    2010– → Milan (loan) : 14 (8)

National team‡
    2001– Sweden 66 (25)

so thats 314 club appearances in which he has scored 155 goals. i really cant see how his abilities can be criticised

He's scored 194 in 408.

Jazzy's figures are for league games.

L'prof's are for all club competitions.

either way, they all add up to him being brilliant. oh and his medal collection isnt that bad either

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

in terms of players where you just KNOW something is gonna happen and there's gonna be a goal when they get anywhere near the ball, the most entertaining player in the world at the moment is clearly james collins

:(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Clearly, if you want to league and entertain the fans you should buy Zlatan. Real missed out on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

One of the most overrated players ever to kick a ball. I would even let him eat my own shít.
    I nearly died from laughing when I heard that they let Eto'o go for Ibra and how much was it? Something crazy anyway.

One of the most overrated players ever to kick a ball. I would even let him eat my own shít.
    I nearly died from laughing when I heard that they let Eto'o go for Ibra and how much was it? Something crazy anyway.

Clearly you are an intellectual powerhouse.

Well done on a well argued and structured post.

Looking forward to reading more from you.

fbb5sm.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

I think he's one of those players you either love him or hate him.
    Neither side is wrong really there both right in away.

He can do amazing things with a ball but at the same time he can frustrate the hell out of you & annoy you so much.

• Advertisement

Ah, dude, your posts are usually so well phrased, thought out and informed (except when you lost your keys :)). What happened? Did your account get hacked by someone whose opinions are illegitimately contrary?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Seaneh wrote: »

fbb5sm.jpg

That's an unfortunate photo as far as the airline is concerned :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

They guy has spent the last 6 years at the three top Italian sides and Barcelona, consistantly scoring a range of goals and linking with the other talent. No-one can argue with his goalscoring record at the very top.

I am convinced that if Dunphy hadn't ranted against him in the WC that time, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Seaneh wrote: »

I don't rate him at all, along with many others on this thread. He just doesn't do it for me. He is far too hit and miss for my liking.
    Ah, dude, your posts are usually so well phrased, thought out and informed (except when you lost your keys :)). What happened? Did your account get hacked by someone whose opinions are illegitimately contrary?
    What are you talking about? Could you link my opinion on Ibra and my since found keys?
    Also, who decides opinions are illegitimate?
    They guy has spent the last 6 years at the three top Italian sides and Barcelona, consistantly scoring a range of goals and linking with the other talent. No-one can argue with his goalscoring record at the very top.

I am convinced that if Dunphy hadn't ranted against him in the WC that time, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
    To be quite honest, I didn't see any of that WC as I was working abroad. I also haven't seen that interview, and I don't listen to Eamon Dunphy, except for the comedy value he brings.

then what are you basing it on, because it can't be his ability. His record over the last 8 years speaks for itself. Consistently brilliant. Even during an injury riddled season at Barca he was massively important for them. The man is far and away the best number 9 on the planet and on top of that he is sheer entertainment to watch, which is what this thread is about.
    But whatever, haters gonna hate, he'll still collect his umpteenth league winners medal in a row this may.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Loved him until he became a disrespectful sh*t to Guardiola despite Pep never criticizing him in public. All the talent in the world, and was brilliant for Barca at times, but we didn't utilize his skills properly, and he'd never properly fit into the system without sacrificing most of his magic. Los alot of respect for him, but doubt he gives a sh*t what I think.

2jesoci.jpg

haters gonna hate :-P

Advertisement