Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metric or Imperial measurements?

Options
  • 07-12-2010 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I'll swap between the two - as long as you convert it all using the same calucations, it's fine :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I still use mostly imperial but I'm trying to use metric more. The important thing is to stick to either one or the other in a recipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I haven't used imperial measurements probably since the late 70's or thereabouts, and exactly none of my recipe books use them either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Alun wrote: »
    I haven't used imperial measurements probably since the late 70's or thereabouts, and exactly none of my recipe books use them either.
    +1.

The exceptions are my Christmas Pud recipe, as it was written in 1968
    and fairy cakes as I learnt the recipe off by heart in imperial in school
    and still remember it as 4,4,4,2,1. ( 4 oz flour, sugar, butter, 2 eggs, 1tbsp baking powder)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭RJC09

Alun wrote: »

i wasnt around in the late 70s, but the reason i use metric is because all the recipes i have use metric. Its the only method i have used since i learned to cook!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I swap between the two also. Most my recipe books have both measurements... for examply I'll use oz with butter (4oz = half a pack - easy to work out), but will frequently use pints rather then ml

Advertisement