Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Tocco Lite Touchscreen Malfunction

Options
  • 07-12-2010 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, just thought I'd run this by your end.

My Tocco Lite started acting up recently and now it's barely usable. Whenever I touch specific places on the screen, it registers as somewhere far above, e.g. I'd have to press 9 on the keypad to register a 3 hit. This obviously means the lower parts of the screen are rendered useless so I can't send text messages or the like.

I read online that I'd have to buy something called a digitizer for the phone and replace it. I could buy it since they don't appear to be that expensive but I wouldn't trust myself disassembling the phone and fitting it myself.

wat do!?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

Hey guys, just thought I'd run this by your end.

My Tocco Lite started acting up recently and now it's barely usable. Whenever I touch specific places on the screen, it registers as somewhere far above, e.g. I'd have to press 9 on the keypad to register a 3 hit. This obviously means the lower parts of the screen are rendered useless so I can't send text messages or the like.

I read online that I'd have to buy something called a digitizer for the phone and replace it. I could buy it since they don't appear to be that expensive but I wouldn't trust myself disassembling the phone and fitting it myself.

wat do!?

Thanks.
    They do have a funny habit of stopping working on the Tocco Lite for whatever reason.

would your phone not be covered by warranty?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭murphyaii

you could try and use the calibrate function on the phone to realign the screen.
    i've noticed areas on my screen too are dead
    if you ring samsung from their website, they send you a box to send it off, where it is sent to fonemenders in clondalkin.
    usually 2 weeks before you get it back.
    my phone doesn't pick up radio stations and they updated the software.
    guess what? still doesn't pick up stations.
    don't you love samsung!! not!!

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

In fairness there not many phones that have a good built in FM radio

Advertisement