Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbour query

Options
  • 07-12-2010 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,
    Our neighbour is claiming rent allowance. This is fine but her husband is in and out of jail a lot and he's an anti-social so-and-so.
    We'd have to ring the community welfare officer to let them know that your man is living in the house and let it go from there.

Has anyone gone down this route, or have any info on how this works?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

you need to find out the exact nature of the agreement. Is the landlord renting privately to a woman who is in receipt of rent supplement? If so then the community welfare officer has nothing to do with the lease, thats an issue between the landlord and tenant.

If the landlord is actual leasing to the HSE or some other authority who are then leasing to the woman then its a different story but it doesn't sound as if thats the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I don't understand. Why is the landlord putting YOU in the firing line by doing his dirty work for him? What an awful situation for you to be in...

It's HIS house. It's HIS tenants causing the trouble. If it's let via the council, can he not go to them and ask for the lease to be terminated??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Bjorn Bored.

Dont blame you being scared, I mean what kind of TOTAL NUTCASE, Smashes the windows in HIS OWN car when he cant move it? Thats a person right there with no brain no logic, crazed idiot. I agree with the above its time to get tough with the LL you are living next door to a woman who has a psychopath for a husband, imagine if a child was walking past when he decided to take up a spade and smash his car up.who knows what a nutter like this is capable of? I am sorry for you and also to a degree for the unmarried mother but its now down to the LL to get new tenants. WHy the hel should you be the one to have to move?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Barley

Thanks for the replies. I hate being afraid in my own house, I only regret not sorting this out when we first heard what the story was with him and he was inside for a good while.

I'll let ye know how we get on.

Advertisement