Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So if you had a choice?

Options
  • 07-12-2010 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭

Got talking to a few lads the weekend and the conversation came up which would you prefer to win this season Champions League or the Premiership?

I was very surprised to hear a good few of them say the CL while i'd take the PL anyday over it. You can win the CL IMHO without deserving it (Liverpool anyone :)) bt nobody can say you fluke the league.

So if it came down to it, what woukd you choose?

What would you rather win ? 26 votes

PL
    0% 0 votes
    CL
    100% 26 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Very tough question. I would have to say winning the league would be a better experience because you would have a match every week that could be a potential league-decider. Winning the CL would be amazing, absolutely amazing, but imagine the nerves and excitment of going through a title-winning season - it would be unbelievable, especially for a club like ours that has never won it. Might not be a bad idea to add a poll though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Good point,

Poll would make good reading. Don't think I can edit the OP to add a poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭golfball37

CL is the pinnacle no matter what Sky tell you about the EPL.

If we won it we would join a very select few to have won all 3 European trophies. We'd certianly be the only British side to have done it anyway.

This topic is a bit like asking who would you get into bed with first though, Kelly Brook or Cheryl Cole.

Neither gonna happen so we may as well dream..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Hands down the Champion League. Especially if its as exciting as the '05 Liverpool campaign. I wouldn't mind the PL either tho... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Poll Added

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I voted Premier League. Of course i'd be delighted to see us win anything, but the league is what i want the most, at least for the time being. Seeing us on top over Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal etc...after 38 matches, would make me happier then winning the few games it takes to win the Champions League.

I'm not saying one is better then the other, just what i would like to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

Horrible question. Went for the CL by a 51-49 margin!! Would have Europe-wide respect if we won that.
    What about the double (both of them) though??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

i havent voted yet. its all up in the air. i get nervous before a league match and a champions league match.(no lie!!)

ill have to mull this over n vote again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

PL without a shadow of a doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

It really wouldn't matter to me at this stage which we won, if we won anything this season it would be a phenomenal achievement what with the amazing squads around.

Saying that, we are far more likely to win the Champions League this year then we are the League. I think we could genuinely beat any team at WHL, but it would all depend on the scoreline in our away games if that were the case. The only team I would really fear would be Barcelona - I think all the other teams are beatable.

There is more money in the CL also, and a team that does well in the CL would find it easier to attract top class players - in my opinion, at the moment there are probably a few of our past transfer targets absolutely kicking themselves for not joining us now after the positive impact we've made for English football (not only in the Champions League, but keeping Man City out too - showing that you can't just buy class in one season).

But I think I'd prefer the Premier League first. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

League Title for me, haven't won it for 50 years.

The best team always wins the league
    The same can't always be said about the CL or any cup competition

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

Premiership. And what better time to do it than on the 50th anniversary of the Double of 60-61!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭danwhite88

golfball37 wrote: »
    If we won it we would join a very select few to have won all 3 European trophies. We'd certianly be the only British side to have done it anyway.

What are the other two European trophies that spurs won?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

danwhite88 wrote: »
    What are the other two European trophies that spurs won?
    Uefa cup(x2) and Cup winners cup

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Either would do me but i just plumped for the PL.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

Defo Champions League :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

mickman wrote: »
    PL without a shadow of a doubt

Ah jaysus look who's back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭tomo75

Has to be the PL for me. 38 games and to come out on top. As they say - the table never lies!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Since I was a kid It's been a dream of mine to see Spurs lift the European cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

I would love to see Spurs as Premier league champions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

PL for me. Winning the champions league would be amazing but to be crowned league champions would be far better to me.

This season is even more important now than last year, it would be a major major step forward if we could finish top four in the PL again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Business sense for me went for CL. The money brought in coupled with the increase in stature would mean we could attract and pay for some world class players. These would form a foundation for a successful league campaign next year and the year after etc. I think that winning the PL over the CL now would not have the same effect for the club long term.

@golfball37 - I don't think it's beyond possible that we could win one of them. Not that I'd be surprised if we didn't but we do have a chance. :)

Advertisement