Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI having ATM network issues. Don't be left stuck this evening. - Mod note post #1

• 07-12-2010 1:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Looks like bank of irelands network might have gotten busted somewhere.

There's a thread here:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056112398
    and a bbc article here:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-11937654

anyway, it looks like their ATMs might go out of order while their engineers are fixin the issue

so, don't be left stuck.

if ye only got access to a BOI atm, then wander into their branch before they close (prolly 4pm) to get some money.

or maybe you are in work but only got access to a BOI atm at home... then if you plan on needin cash there... get it out now

that is all... move along, nothing to see :)

Mod note :
    (1) Tempting thought it might be ... there is no such thing as free money
    (2) We can be sure the ATM's will have a local record of each transaction / amount / account details.
    (3) If & when BOI reconcile the ATM transactions they will know the cards/accounts matching the withdrawals.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

I've no money. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

All the money's in a truck bound for Geneva.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Slydice wrote: »
    Or maybe you are in work but only got access to a BOI atm at home...

I only have an Ulster Bank atm in my house so I'm ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

...or go to an AIB/PTSB/Ulster Bank ATM.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I only have an Ulster Bank atm in my house so I'm ok.

Are you not worried some gurriers with a JCB might try knock down your living-room wall some night?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

bonerm wrote: »
    All the money's in a truck bound for Geneva.

I SAY HELSINKI AND YOU HEAR GENEVA? YOU'RE F*CKING FIRED BOB!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I'm going to have to get my JCB out to another ATM so.

chin_grin wrote: »
    I SAY HELSINKI AND YOU HEAR GENEVA? YOU'RE F*CKING FIRED BOB!

I'm talking about a million ****ing Deutschmark here, Bob. :mad:

I'm hearing that AIB cards will still work in BOI machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

Bollox. Network issues? Hmmmm.....armageddon more like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I'm hearing that AIB cards will still work in BOI machines.

Here's Tom with the weather............:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

don't panic

everything is under control

in all honesty bigger the fool the person who still has money in Irish banks, you get what's coming to you for voting FF and now believing to their lies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

I heard BoI collapsed and are keeping your money.

ei.sdraob wrote: »
    don't panic

everything is under control

in all honesty bigger the fool the person who still has money in Irish banks, you get what's coming to you for voting FF and now believing to their lies.

Where do you put your money?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,518 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

BOI online is fooked too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I keep mine in a plastic bag..........which also doubles up as a shoe......................tough times. :(

Uh-oh, my electric cord belt has come undone again....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

BOI online is fooked too

No cookies for you today.

Can't speak for him, but mine's in a large European bank. The bank guarantee in Ireland is worthless - how can a bankrupt state pay you back? And if Ireland does leave the Euro, it will be sudden, and your money will be converted into our new currency before you can take it out. And as soon as our new currency is introduced, it will sink like a stone - see what happened in Argentina for a better idea.

...Which is all irrelevant to this case because this is almost certainly the result of someone in BOI breaking some piece of code somewhere - it will be fixed by tomorrow at the latest IMHO.

Even if you cannot see your details or make withdrawals, worry ye not! BOI are still accepting deposits. That's a relief! *phew*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

I spent it all over last year (better part of 300K):
    * built a house with no mortgage/rent now hanging over head, debt free for rest of life, use this as home office
    * new car,
    * few holidays,
    * invested rest in own business,
    * moved remainder to non irish banks

if the **** ever comes to shove i now have land to grow stuff on

• Advertisement

Can't speak for him, but mine's in a large European bank. The bank guarantee in Ireland is worthless - how can a bankrupt state pay you back? And if Ireland does leave the Euro, it will be sudden, and your money will be converted into our new currency before you can take it out. And as soon as our new currency is introduced, it will sink like a stone - see what happened in Argentina for a better idea.

...Which is all irrelevant to this case because this is almost certainly the result of someone in BOI breaking some piece of code somewhere - it will be fixed by tomorrow at the latest IMHO.

How easy is it to move your money over? (not that I want to of course, I trust Lenihan and co...... )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

My money is at Freds house.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭I-Shot-Jr

Well my account is empty anyway. 3 euro to last me til friday Bear Grylls style! I assume all of this is just simple technical difficulties as oppsosed to BoI being raped by the IMF?

How easy is it to move your money over? (not that I want to of course, I trust Lenihan and co...... )
    Not difficult. But you need to open an account to send it to. In Germany if you just turn up with your passport you should be able to open an account on the spot. Then you can usually move your money around electronically from the comfort of your home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

Absurdum wrote: »
    I heard BoI collapsed and are keeping your money.
    purple monkey dish washer ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

BOI online is fooked too

Thank god I thought it was just me!! I am in germany and all my money is in that stupid BoI account, so I can't use my card?? :confused: Or is it just the atm's that are shágged?? ugh and today was the day I had planned on doing my own personal budget for December (i think i'm broke!! :o)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Not difficult. But you need to open an account to send it to. In Germany if you just turn up with your passport you should be able to open an account on the spot. Then you can usually move your money around electronically from the comfort of your home.

I wouldn't recommend a german account if you're not living in Germany. The charges are astronomical to use an atm other than a branded one by the bank you are with. It is like being charged 1euro on every 20euro transaction if you use an AIB machine to take out your BoI money. Crazy!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭gleep

They haven't got any cash left....................

True story!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

You don't need proof of residence to open a bank account in germany? Sweet...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Thank god I thought it was just me!! I am in germany and all my money is in that stupid BoI account, so I can't use my card?? :confused: Or is it just the atm's that are shágged?? ugh and today was the day I had planned on doing my own personal budget for December (i think i'm broke!! :o)

The computer system is down. The tellers in the actual branches can't see what activity has been going on in your account (either via ATM transaction or online banking). As soon as this happens they will intentionally disable the online banking to stop people transferring all their money out electronically, and then walking into a branch to make an over-the-counter withdrawal etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement