Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI having ATM network issues. Don't be left stuck this evening. - Mod note post #1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

But you can get a judgement preventing these people from getting another bank a/c or ever getting a loan again while all the time the interest tots up.
    For 4 or 5 hundred quid?
    That's just dumb.
    They could get a Judgment Mortgage or a Garnishee order fairly easily from the Court if it came down to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

Ye can talk all ye want but the simple fact is that the bank will never get back the money off people who don't have wages going into there account or who's accounts had no money in them.

If you have an account, the bank has your details. They'll get in touch and ask about your plans to repay the overdraft. If you tell them you have no plans to, they'll probably notify you that they're going to take you to court.

They can take you to court and request an attachment order; the judge can grant one if he reckons it's necessary to ensure that the debt is repaid, and given that you've basically told the bank to get bent, they're on pretty solid ground. If they get one, then wherever you get your money will start giving you less of it. If you have your wages paid into an AIB account, you'll see a drop in the wages going in. If you get the dole on a Wednesday, your dole payment will be smaller. No matter how you get your money, they'll make sure to take out their chunk of it at source. The entire system is designed for people to be able to pursue legitimate debts.

The only way you can make certain you won't get stung for the money is by not earning money ever again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭Tomtata

Worked for me €100 cha ching

Will be hit with the overdraft in a few days or whenever they get it sorted.
    Banking online is down all days aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,467 ✭✭✭cml387

Oh I can see this ending well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

OisinT wrote: »
    Shelbourne?

I don't believe there's a pub at the dog track.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Ye can talk all ye want but the simple fact is that the bank will never get back the money off people who don't have wages going into there account or who's accounts had no money in them.

Christ! The mind really boggles sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Anyone on the dole with a BoI account with nothing in it just got their free ticket to Oz mostly paid for tonight.
    If it's free, why would they have to pay for it?
    Sorry guys don't have a camera:mad:

Get some money out, buy a camera and take a picture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Missed the RTE news, bet they didn't show it. Nothing on Primetime now either. This will look well dodgy if the International press get a hold of it. It looks bad, on top of bad.

The same day as the Budget hundreds of punters queing at ATM's. :(

Wonder will TV3 carry it on the 11 o'clock bulletin....?
    RTE with their usual "nothing to see here" coverage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

They'll get it from their dole money. That dole is paid into bank accounts.

Why do they queue in post offices then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,635 ✭✭✭✭kippy

We've had a lot of nonsense shoved down or throats today. I suspect this is just another chapter.

The last time we had "free money" B. Ahern was at the helm and we all know where that ended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

They might try to garnish at source from a persons social welfare payments...

What happens if they all report their cards stolen this evening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Mister men wrote: »
    RTE with their usual "nothing to see here" coverage.
    They mentioned it briefly, not exactly something you can spend vast amounts of times reporting on in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Grievous

This is factually incorrect.

I know lots of people on the dole; they collect it in their local post-offices.

stepbar wrote: »
    STOP DIGGING.........:rolleyes:

You think I'm wrong? I've an apologetic letter from AIB stating exactly that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

No dole is paid into bank accounts unless you got it paid into your account before June 2008 and are still on the dole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Fair play to they guy with the hot dog stand...at least someone will make some money from these fools

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

SantryRed wrote: »
    Hilarious how some are saying it's the people on the dole who are doing this so they won't be paying back as it's cash in hand.

What happens when they get a new job? And need to be paid through a bank. What will happen then? This country is full of retards, serious retards.
    They could perhaps open an account with AIB? (assuming it still exists)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Fistfights and Gardai at a BOI Atm in Clondalkin according to twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

No dole is paid into bank accounts unless you got it paid into your account before June 2008 and are still on the dole.
    They can still get the money from you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Sorry to disapoint ye lads but there was a broad cross section of society down there taking out money, a good few older men and women, one person was saying its karma for what the banks have done to the country.

For those who lost jobs can't get a loan to feed their family or pay the heating. This might help. Hopefully good people will pay back the money at the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 dunlucewarlock

I thought it was weird that there were so many people at the BoI ATM on O'Connell st. I knew it was because the network was down and people needed money. I actually needed to take money out for a car i'm buying and at the ATM I could't take any more than 200 euro. I requested the 200 euro and it gave me exactly 200 euro.

Im only finding out now that these morons were queuing up to get "free" money. The Idiots, their overdraft will now be through the roof so enjoy paying that off. If you dont, enjoy going to court and then being blacklisted. Good luck ever getting a loan or any credit in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Yo Buddy. You still alive?

If anyone did manage to get "free" money they could try the David Drumm defence and say they were given the money fraudulently. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,234 ✭✭✭sdanseo

A branch ATM might get refilled more than once a day. But many in-shop ATMS including the one with the lengthy queue at it in my local shop, are filled once or twice a week at most, as anyone who's ever had their card swallowed by one and tried to get it back can testify.

Some in-store ATMs are filled daily by store staff using store money. Have seen this in action where the shop used AIB for all its banking, and got an AIB ATM which it fills with money from the till.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

jester77 wrote: »
    Instead of a karate kick, Cantona performed a drop db *

I lol'd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

A branch ATM might get refilled more than once a day. But many in-shop ATMS including the one with the lengthy queue at it in my local shop, are filled once or twice a week at most, as anyone who's ever had their card swallowed by one and tried to get it back can testify.

Amazing I have to go back to this post while I'm enjoying a pint........

What has this got to do the post I Replied to???????????????

stepbar wrote: »
    Amazing I have to go back to this post while I'm enjoying a pint........

What has this got to do the post I Replied to???????????????

Well, you were talking balls, and I pointed that out.
    I'm sorry that your own waffle is confusing you.
    You should take that up with yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

sdonn wrote: »
    Some in-store ATMs are filled daily by store staff using store money. Have seen this in action where the shop used AIB for all its banking, and got an AIB ATM which it fills with money from the till.

This only happens when the shop is closed though to avoid robbery, usually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Mister men wrote: »
    Fistfights and Gardai at a BOI Atm in Clondalkin according to twitter.

I can just imagine the misplaced self-righteousness/sense of entitlement.
    Morons, morons, morons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Grievous

What sort of money will it cost BOI bringing all these people to court?

Will they make it back, or even out?

I ask all the best questions:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Grievous wrote: »
    What sort of money will it cost BOI bringing all these people to court?

Will they make it back, or even out?

I ask all the best questions:D

You forgot "daddy or chips?"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement