Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI having ATM network issues. Don't be left stuck this evening. - Mod note post #1

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

OMG. He has a youtube account and a webcam. He must be right!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

cson wrote: »
    Well if we want to nail it down to specifics; it's whipping out €500 when you only have €100 - a microcosm of Celtic Tiger behaviour.

well other poster was going on about withdrawing 5 k from a machine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭craggles

dav3 wrote: »
    All of them?

Yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dunlucewarlock

The Max you can take out is 200 euro.BoI reduced the limit of 700 when the network went down. I was looking to take out 700 to make up the difference on a car I am buying and the max I could take out is 200 euro, no more. Going to a different ATM, whether it be BoI or AIB, I had reached my daily limit of 200.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Captain_Generic

True, also his head is funny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭justindublin

Seen the ques at a few ATMs tonight. I couldn't help but think... THICKS!

The results of hitting one tonight...

1) Your next pay day wont be a happy one. The overdraft you took tonight will the taken back along with the standard penalty.

2) You'll be in the banks bad books. They WILL come looking for the money if you don't pay back.

3) Again if you don't pay back, you'll have esentally not repayed a bank loan. That's the bottom line so your Credit History will be screwed and ya wont be getting any loans any time soon.

4) VISAs - You wont get either kind. If you plan on leaving Ireland, this WILL come up in the VISA application that you have an outstanding debt. You'll be declined and wont so be laughing all the way to 'Bank of Oz'... Sorry

I know, I sound like I'm on the banks side! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Stuart mulvaney

Sory i dont believe 5 k from an atm with card, Probly might have more of a chance with a JCB :):pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

dav3 wrote: »
    All of them?
    Yeah... unless one of them is legitimately attempting to take out money from their account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Any BoI customers who ran to the ATMs tonight, PM me for some magic beans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

duckysauce wrote: »
    well other poster was going on about withdrawing 5 k from a machine

Bullsh1t.com

• Advertisement

Mister men wrote: »
    Yes they are all morons :rolleyes:. Did it cross your mind that some people actually are withdrawing cash for everyday expenses and may have a surplus in their account? No, carry on your generalisation so.
    Yeah, I'm sure Bank of Ireland, Killester, about 9.45 always has queues of people taking out money from Bank of Ireland cash machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭irishjig69b

i got 400e outta an account that was empty, and the address they av 4 me???well i dont live there anymore an i av had 2 addresses since then.....b o i screwed me over, 2 checks that i never wrote from my stolen checkbook, which was 720e in total....it will take them along time 2 find me and even longer to get there cash outta me.... CARMA ALL THE WAy.......up yours boi u deserve all u get.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

Never said he was right or wrong, it's just interesting to see what's being said outside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

i got 400e outta an account that was empty the address they av 4 me???well i dont live there anymore an i av had 2 addresses since then.....b o i screwed me over a 2 checks that i never wrote from my stolen checkbook, which was 720e in total....it will take them along time 2 find me and even longer to get there cash outta me.... CARMA ALL THE WAY and to you b o l........:D

Haha thanks for cheering me up. The fact you think you win in this situation makes it even funnier.

Dose each person only get one Shot and back to the end of the Q

i got 400e outta an account that was empty, and the address they av 4 me???well i dont live there anymore an i av had 2 addresses since then.....b o i screwed me over, 2 checks that i never wrote from my stolen checkbook, which was 720e in total....it will take them along time 2 find me and even longer to get there cash outta me.... CARMA ALL THE WAy.......up yours boi u deserve all u get.....
    lol you are gonna be so screwed and you don't even know it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

That chap is a clown...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

But if balances could not be referenced I would think there's also the possibility that communication between machines was also not possible and therefore each machine will not know a customer had previously withdrawn their max allowing people to run up massive overdrafts.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

i got 400e outta an account that was empty the address they av 4 me???well i dont live there anymore an i av had 2 addresses since then.....b o i screwed me over a 2 checks that i never wrote from my stolen checkbook, which was 720e in total....it will take them along time 2 find me and even longer to get there cash outta me.... CARMA ALL THE WAY and to you b o l........:D

You're thinking they'll just send you a letter to an address and give up? Seriously?
    This is the kind of mentality which results in crowds of short sighted people queuing at an ATM for free money. You've just given yourself a loan from a bank which you now have to pay back and nothing more.
    No karma there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

you needed official documents/bills to set up that account.

it's not hard for them to trace you.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dunlucewarlock

Ye that sounds believable, If its true, I would put that money to use and get an education.

it would take a long time to round up everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Could you use part of your theft to buy a dictionary?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

As difficult as this is to decipher, it shows that it might not be that easy for BOI to get all their money back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

i got 400e outta an account that was empty, and the address they av 4 me???well i dont live there anymore an i av had 2 addresses since then....
    What part of Trim do you live in now? By the way, I like the picture of you on Flickr. I also wouldn't use excite.com for my email address, it's very old school. I hope your beagles are ok, they are cute dogs.

You will get a sommons to court they put it sown as an overdrawn,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Ever heard of http://www.icb.ie/credit_rating.php and perhaps something known as debt collection? It's not as if you fell off the map.

Karma indeed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Captain_Generic

But with a German intervention......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Which means that the last person that they round up will have MASSIVE interest rates. Your taking out 500 quid now, but paying back 1,500 quid next Christmas.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement