Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI having ATM network issues. Don't be left stuck this evening. - Mod note post #1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

CARMA ALL THE WAy

Yeah, I love the Combined Array for Research in Millimeter-wave Astronomy! :D WOOT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

i got 400e outta an account that was empty, and the address they av 4 me???well i dont live there anymore an i av had 2 addresses since then.....b o i screwed me over, 2 checks that i never wrote from my stolen checkbook, which was 720e in total....it will take them along time 2 find me and even longer to get there cash outta me.... CARMA ALL THE WAy.......up yours boi u deserve all u get.....

They have your name, thats all they need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

All working again as per normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

dav3 wrote: »
    As difficult as this is to decipher, it shows that it might not be that easy for BOI to get all their money back.

You really think that someone moving house makes that big a difference ?

Every bank account opened is opened with official ID, be it drivers licence, passport, birth cert etc which can all be linked back and traced to the individual in question. The very fact that someone uses a dormant account who has moved house etc and not being in communication with the bank for a couple of years or whatever will be the exact reason why they will be roasted by the legal system as it will show a clear intent to defraud.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

Vincent Browne losing the noggin again :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

you needed official documents/bills to set up that account.

it's not hard for them to trace you.

Nor is it difficult to trace you by your PPS number / Passport number / Driving licence etc. God forbid even Facebook!

Mind you there maybe a lot of hoops to jump through... But don't worry if there's any organisation who will it will be a bank....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Pj! wrote: »
    All working again as per normal.

This ain't the Personal Issues forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

You really think that someone moving house makes that big a difference ?

It does to the cost of BOI trying to sort out this problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

BOI having ATM network issues. Don't be left stuck this evening.

Boy should be spelled like this.

:P
    I know I'm annoying but this is what annoying people do:p:D

You will be responsible for their costs when they obtain judgment against you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

stepbar wrote: »
    Nor is it difficult to trace you by your PPS number / Passport number / Driving licence etc. God forbid even Facebook!

Mind you there maybe a lot of hoops to jump through... But don't worry if there's any organisation who will it will be a bank....

100% agree, these banks takes the roofs from over familys' heads.....they'll want their money back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Vincent Browne losing the noggin again :pac:

In general or about this farce ?

No - the people who have deliberately gone out and withdrawn money they don't have are not intent on paying it back tomorrow morning. They're under the mistaken belief this is free money. These are the sort of people who will ignore the letter in the first place. When it comes down to BOI having to go through courts etc to pursue this debt then the fact someone moved house will be insignificant.

df1985 wrote: »
    100% agree, these banks takes the roofs from over familys' heads.....they'll want their money back.

Well now in fairness banks in general have been fairly lenient in that regard.

Making it all the more likely they would very agressively pursue these transactions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭BigBrownBear

i got 400e outta an account that was empty, and the address they av 4 me???well i dont live there anymore an i av had 2 addresses since then.....b o i screwed me over, 2 checks that i never wrote from my stolen checkbook, which was 720e in total....it will take them along time 2 find me and even longer to get there cash outta me.... CARMA ALL THE WAy.......up yours boi u deserve all u get.....
    The bank is coming to get ya, the bank is coming to get ya.
    Jesus, you wouldn't need to be Dog the Bounty Hunter to track you down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

You're thinking they'll just send you a letter to an address and give up? Seriously?
    This is the kind of mentality which results in crowds of short sighted people queuing at an ATM for free money. You've just given yourself a loan from a bank which you now have to pay back and nothing more.
    No karma there.

It is free money. He'll do a couple of days in the joy for it, worst case scenario, big ****ing deal.

You people need to start realising that there are people who really dont give a **** about the "rules" anymore.

The banks haven't, but the Master of the High Court has!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Yo Buddy. You still alive?

One could take all these bank pics and start a twitter bank run. if they were so inclined :/

IRELAND BANKS OUT OF MONEY!!!!! PEOPLE QUEUING FOR CASH DRAMA!!!

IN THE REAL BAD SNOW TOO!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

More likely the banks will sell the particularly tricky debts to debt collection agencies for 50 cents in the euro. Those guys don't play as nice as the banks do - it's what they do for a living.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

df1985 wrote: »
    Unfortunately they don't, there's a moratorium on repossessions remember?

Apparently this thread is serious business guys!

People going to get money out of banks that they don't have because they are knackers is serious!
    You take the money, be prepared to pay it back + fines + interest. If they get a Judgment against you, courts interest is 8% and you will be responsible for their legal fees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

OisinT wrote: »

And when more and more people start getting in trouble with their repayments, the Master of the High Court and the banks will have to be even more 'lenient'; the numbers will become too big to persue.
    Another huge reason why the current route of bank-bailout/austerity is untenable.

Unfortunately they don't, there's a moratorium on repossessions remember?
    They can still apply for possession orders in some cases, multiple properties, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Some of the people at the ATMs tonight couldn't be dragged to a Polling Station on the day of a General Election. [rolleyes]

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Stuart mulvaney

Bank of ireland closed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Captain_Generic

Bank of ireland closed

That was truly awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Bank of ireland closed

Think we call it "climate change" nowadays.

OisinT wrote: »

There's a 12 month moratorium on private house repossessions at present.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

I wonder if there is any truth in the rumours BOI's systems where hacked today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement