Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI having ATM network issues. Don't be left stuck this evening. - Mod note post #1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

stepbar wrote: »
    There's a 12 month moratorium on private house repossessions at present.
    There are exceptions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Mister men wrote: »
    I wonder if there is any truth in the rumours BOI's systems where hacked today.

I wouldn't rule anything in or out. The best thing the bank could do now us issue a full statement in the morning and clear matters up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Never thought I'd say this but I hope the banks do their worst when it comes to recovering this money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Both the BoI ATMs around here seem to be disabled. Fcuking idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

RonMexico wrote: »
    Never thought I'd say this but I hope the banks do their worst when it comes to recovering this money

Their worst? They've already played a huge part in bankrupting the country. They can do worse than that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

I wonder if there is any truth in the rumours BOI's systems where hacked today.
    You never know, look what happened only recently to that Swiss bank, even though it was only a DoS attack, but I'm sure there are other groups out there that are pissed at the Irish banking system/government in general.

Even so a bank wouldn't admit that sort of breach, it would worry customers to much and they might flock to other banks with their money.

amacachi wrote: »
    who are idiots?

OisinT wrote: »
    There are exceptions.

Not really... The Irish banks have signed up to IBF guidelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

i got 400e outta an account that was empty, and the address they av 4 me???well i dont live there anymore an i av had 2 addresses since then.....b o i screwed me over, 2 checks that i never wrote from my stolen checkbook, which was 720e in total....it will take them along time 2 find me and even longer to get there cash outta me.... CARMA ALL THE WAy.......up yours boi u deserve all u get.....

I'm not sure if this is a serious post or not. For your sake irishjig69b I hope not.

Theres no such thing as free money people. The bank will get all their money back. All of it. Down to the last penny. I can't help but laugh at the 70+ people who were running to the atm near where I work. My favourite quote of the day though has to be "how can they get money back from me? I don't work. " :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

I was two places away before the ATM went offline, oh well!

• Advertisement

Perhaps because the ATM has ran out if money eh ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,515 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Talk to Joe will be amusing tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Captain_Generic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

ascanbe wrote: »
    Their worst? They've already played a huge part in bankrupting the country. They can do worse than that?

You have much to learn young padawan :pac:

Not really... The Irish banks have signed up to IBF guidelines.
    Incorrect, they must wait 12 months from the beginning of the arrears and it does not apply where the homeowner will not engage with the bank.

who are idiots?

Don't worry; i take it he means those that emptied out the machines are idiots.
    Of course, BOI screwed up in the first place, yet again; so they can, yet again, legitimately be called idiots/or worse.
    Don't feel too offended for them.

Don't worry; i take it he means those that emptied out the machines are idiots.
    Of course, BOI screwed up in the first place, yet again; so they can, yet again, legitimately be called idiots/or worse.
    Don't feel too offended for them.
    I just wanted to make sure.... you never can be too sure around here.
    With the amount of posts being deleted it's getting quite confusing :confused:

Perhaps because the ATM has ran out if money eh ?

Don't think so, the screens were as they usually are but the slot for the card was locked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Am actully finding this whole mater a bit concerning, not re people thinking they have free money, more so peoples personal details and online accounts, if there has been an attack, what about the security of these things. The banks will need to put out a statement and reassure its customers.

who are idiots?

The bank for being useless in this particular case.

• Advertisement

Ziycon wrote: »
    You never know, look what happened only recently to that Swiss bank, even though it was only a DoS attack, but I'm sure there are other groups out there that are pissed at the Irish banking system/government in general.

Even so a bank wouldn't admit that sort of breach, it would worry customers to much and they might flock to other banks with their money.

Well we're in unprecedented times. I think it's in everyones interest if the bank made a statement confirming or denying same.

RonMexico wrote: »
    You have much to learn young padawan :pac:

I that's a joke. :D If it's a smug, gnomic statement.:P:eek:;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I was going to withdraw a few million in the morning.

Damn.

I just wanted to make sure.... you never can be too sure around here.
    With the amount of posts being deleted it's getting quite confusing :confused:

Yeah; noticed that too. Swathes of posts seem to be disappearing. Some of my best posts have even been caught in the cross-fire. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I was wondering why there was a queue of 5 dodgy customers at an atm on the way home:D:D

Incorrect, they must wait 12 months from the beginning of the arrears and it does not apply where the homeowner will not engage with the bank.

You'd want to be a fool not to. I don't believe anyone who wants to keep their house wouldn't do so. Of course there is exceptions but in these times I don't believe anyone would be so stupid too not engage with the bank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,234 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Crosáidí wrote: »
    This only happens when the shop is closed though to avoid robbery, usually

It happens in a strong room where one is available, otherwise I suppose it depends on the store. Where I worked in a local shop, the strong room was a proper cash office, solid metal interior walls lockable from the inside, itself behind 2 other locked doors right at the back of the shop. No way anyone's gonna rob that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Yes they are all morons :rolleyes:. Did it cross your mind that some people actually are withdrawing cash for everyday expenses and may have a surplus in their account? No, carry on your generalisation so.

Why would those people be standing for ages in long ques at BOI machines instead fo goign to an empty machine from another bank?

Yeah; noticed that too. Swathes of posts seem to be disappearing. Some of my best posts have even been caught in the cross-fire. :D
    I couldn't care less what they do, but it's getting confusing as to who is saying what in relation to what (if that makes sense :D)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

The bank for being useless in this particular case.

Not necessarily, most financial institutions, be they banks or insurance companies, usually use a third party to provide at least part of their IT infrastructure so the bank themselves may not be directly at fault here, be it a software or hardware issue.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement