Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI having ATM network issues. Don't be left stuck this evening. - Mod note post #1

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

irish-stew wrote: »
    Am actully finding this whole mater a bit concerning, not re people thinking they have free money, more so peoples personal details and online accounts, if there has been an attack, what about the security of these things. The banks will need to put out a statement and reassure its customers.

Mainframe failure according to a spokeswoman.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/1207/breaking35.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

stepbar wrote: »
    You'd want to be a fool not to. I don't believe anyone who wants to keep their house wouldn't do so. Of course there is exceptions but in these times I don't believe anyone would be so stupid too not engage with the bank.
    Come to the Master's Court: 30-50% of a list of 100+ cases are possession orders. The Master is VERY fair to homeowners though, but he can only be so fair to an extent that these people are taking the piss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

when the 14.8% overdraft fee kicks in this is gonna be one funny thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

OisinT wrote: »
    I couldn't care less what they do, but it's getting confusing as to who is saying what in relation to what (if that makes sense :D)

It does. We live in crazy times.

zuroph wrote: »
    when the 14.8% overdraft fee kicks in this is gonna be one funny thread.

In keeping with the general sh*t-storm building, it's more likely to play-out as tragedy, rather than farce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Im literally brimming with excitement for the joe duffy show next month when their next statements arrive :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Might be a good time to start a debt collection agency. What to call it though?

ascanbe wrote: »
    In keeping with the general sh*t-storm building, it's more likely to play-out as tragedy, rather than farce.
    On the bright side, all the suicides will mean a decrease in the live register numbers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

RonMexico wrote: »

Bank Of Ireland loan collectors. This one corporate account could most liekly set you up for life.

On the bright side, all the suicides will mean a decrease in the live register numbers!

I'd laugh; but going by the general tenor of your posts i'm not entirely sure you're not serious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I'm just waiting for the cries of "most vulnerable in society".

I swear to god I will never vote for any political party that uses that phrase. Every time someone wants to drum up some cheap support they refer to anyone that has had anything cut or reduced in any way as the most vulnerable in society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Stekelly wrote: »
    Bank Of Ireland loan collectors. This one corporate account could most liekly set you up for life.

All your euros are belong to mine. :pac:

I'd laugh; but going by the general tenor of your posts i'm not entirely sure you're not serious.
    I like to keep it mysterious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

I think the comments about suicide are a tad low and uncalled for..

as for the debt collection business... good plan :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

RonMexico wrote: »

It will be based in Cork... "Debt BOI"

I think all the debt collection comments are a tad low and uncalled for...

these are the most vulnerable members of society and they are robbing from the rich to feed their 12 starving children.

YOU SHOULD ALL BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES FOR PICKING ON THESE POOR INNOCENT VICTIMS OF THE BANKS!!1!1ONE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Mister men wrote: »
    Gardai or people in the queue?

People in the queue of course.

Stekelly wrote: »
    I'm just waiting for the cries of "most vulnerable in society".

I swear to god I will never vote for any political party that uses that phrase. Every time someone wants to drum up some cheap support they refer to anyone that has had anything cut or reduced in any way as the most vulnerable in society.

Well, the banks, developers and other big investors were legitimately 'the most vulnerable in society'; given that they were not only broke but personally responsible for accruing/and being on the hook for billions.
    Now, it's expected that the tax-payers of this country should pick up their tab.
    Laughing at those who might be using that phrase about other much less guilty members of our society at this time, would be having, at best, a hollow laugh.

I think all the debt collection comments are a tad low and uncalled for...

these are the most vulnerable members of society and they are robbing from the rich to feed their 12 starving children.

YOU SHOULD ALL BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES FOR PICKING ON THESE POOR INNOCENT VICTIMS OF THE BANKS!!1!1ONE

Aaah... now tis grand slagging them!! :D

I mean "free money"??? :rolleyes:

I'm not having a go at you, but just saying I thought the suicide comment was uncalled for. There's enough of it happening and I just don't like it being made as a joke.

Just my opinion :)

foxinsox wrote: »
    Aaah... now tis grand slagging them!! :D

I mean "free money"??? :rolleyes:

I'm not having a go at you, but just saying I thought the suicide comment was uncalled for. There's enough of it happening and I just don't like it being made as a joke.

Just my opinion :)
    Christmas is the biggest time for suicides in the year anyway... I mean with debt and all. Just wait until these poor sods get these statements from BoI :D

:P I'm in a controversial mood this evening ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

marco_polo wrote: »
    If this story is true i'd be more worried that BoI keep all the account details in one place with no redundancy! :eek:

Christmas is the biggest time for suicides in the year anyway... I mean with debt and all. Just wait until these poor sods get these statements from BoI :D

Yeah I know what you are saying ^

controversial mood you say?

well: legal background or not :D

I'm female..

I have PMS (real bad)..

I have a miserable cold..

My wages have dropped since the budget etc..

It's - 9.2 here..

I've walked to and from work for the last week..

I guess what I'm saying is you really don't want to get "controversial" with me :D:p

I might try a BOI atm in the morning :)

I'm beginning to think this is actually just how you think.
    Your posts seem to me indicative of a mentality that is very much alive within certain citizens of this country.
    Would i be way off the mark in guessing that you availed of Ireland's state-subsidised version of a 'private' education'?
    Just messing, of course. I too am just in a controversial mood this evening.

I'm beginning to think this is actually just how you think.
    Your posts seem to me indicative of a mentality that is very much alive within certain citizens of this country.
    Would i be way off the mark in guessing that you availed of Ireland's state-subsidised version of a 'private' education'?
    Just messing, of course. I too am just in a controversial mood this evening.
    Think as you wish... I availed of top education in Dublin for undergraduate and postgraduate courses.

lol. I was genuinely kidding about suicides and the live register btw... akin to the emigration comment by our lovely Tánaiste

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

That comment was a bit tasteless in fairness. Suicide is not funny, smiley or not.

Anyway derailing thread, heard a women on the radio earlier arguing that the money she took out of the BOI ATM was free money because it was now "in her hands" :confused:

Sharon Tobin from RTÉ had ice fired at her when they were filming the madness over in Phibsboro earlier too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭iCosmopolis

Yeah,the poor innocent victims of the recession who've have fleeced the ATM's mean't I can't access my meagre funds via my laser,that was put on hold with the shenanigans, which i tried to use in the supermarket & to pay my overdue gas today. No,really it was a protest,thanks. I hope you get f*cking enormous interest on that illegal overdraft. I enjoy the fees on my regular one so much :D

Think as you wish... I availed of top education in Dublin for undergraduate and postgraduate courses.

lol. I was genuinely kidding about suicides and the live register btw... akin to the emigration comment by our lovely Tánaiste

Well don't think she was kidding, but anyway..
    Hope you use that 'top' education in a more constructive way than many of your precursors have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Anyway derailing thread, heard a women on the radio earlier arguing that the money she took out of the BOI ATM was free money because it was now "in her hands" :confused:

Brilliant! I wonder would she steal money from a shop and still use that as defence? What a tool!

Well don't think she was kidding, but anyway..
    Hope you use that 'top' education in a more constructive way than many of your precursors have.
    Nah, thinking about just hitting some BoI ATMs and then going on the dole tbh.

• Advertisement

That comment was a bit tasteless in fairness. Suicide is not funny, smiley or not.

Sharon Tobin from RTÉ had ice fired at her when they were filming the madness over in Phibsboro earlier too.
    Oh... there was no smiley. No smiley at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement