Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI having ATM network issues. Don't be left stuck this evening. - Mod note post #1

1242526272830»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

HP as a entity no. Disgruntled workers who have been on site for a extended period and believe they will soon be made redundant. Maybe.

This has been a issue now for far too long for it to be a "simple" failure.

Ah the Dublin IT world is pretty small though Cuddlesworth, I can't see that their future job prospects would be very well served by doing something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

My understanding is that the limit is on the card, so even if the machines weren't talking, you couldn't have done that.

I'm not saying that's correct, but that's what I heard. Can anyone confirm either way?

No I think the limit is set at the account because I believe they can change your daily limit without touching your card.

365 is down again.

Has anyone who was due to get paid at 12am checked in a branch that the money was there?.

I have a DD due on the 11th and they are not charging me E12 for the money not being there due to a glitch in their system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Jakob

365 is down again.

Has anyone who was due to get paid at 12am checked in a branch that the money was there?.

I have a DD due on the 11th and they are not charging me E12 for the money not being there due to a glitch in their system.

I'm just back from trying 3 different ATMs, all were out of service. I can't check if it was paid in or not due to 365 being down, but I have a feeling, for some reason that it wasn't. Seems strange. I think I will begin the worrying process tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

laser and credit card payments not being accepted at work due to a "bank issue" hmmm..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Jakob wrote: »
    I'm just back from trying 3 different ATMs, all were out of service. I can't check if it was paid in or not due to 365 being down, but I have a feeling, for some reason that it wasn't. Seems strange. I think I will begin the worrying process tomorrow

365 Telephone banking services are apparently up and running again as normal so you could try that.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/1209/breaking49.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

I cant believe this is still not fixed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭gonedrinking

365 is still down, have they run out of money or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭brianwalshcork

It was up for a while yesterday as I used it, but it's down now again, with a different message this time.

"We are currently experiencing technical issues and hope to have normal service restored as soon as possible.All our branches are open as normal. "

Would it be so hard to specify a time frame? As soon as possible translates as, "we don't have a clue what's wrong... this could take ages!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭gonedrinking

Would it be so hard to specify a time frame? As soon as possible translates as, "we don't have a clue what's wrong... this could take ages!"

In my opinion it translates as "we don't have enough cash so we're doing everything possible to slow down the flight of deposits from the bank." Its such bullsh1t that a technical problem would take this long to fix.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

What bothers me about this is that this is how the collapse of the Icelandic banks started: the internet banking went down first, before the atms stopped working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭gleep

What bothers me about this is that this is how the collapse of the Icelandic banks started: the internet banking went down first, before the atms stopped working.

Can someone confirm this please?

I'm trying to persuade my boss to close our BOI accounts and get our (v substantial amount of ) cash out of there.

Links Ivy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

something funny is going on :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Sounds odd to have an ongoing problem like this. Not the best timing. Could there be a human element to the situation, as in, some sort of tech\worker go-slow, timing just seems too good..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

This is unprecedented in Irish banking, thats for sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

gleep wrote: »

I'm trying to persuade my boss to close our BOI accounts and get our (v substantial amount of ) cash out of there.

Links Ivy?

Hmm I can't find a link just now, I'm going on memory. In fact I think it was the Icelandic internet bank that stopped internet transactions..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

krudler wrote: »
    laser and credit card payments not being accepted at work due to a "bank issue" hmmm..

My BOI credit card's been working fine all week. pesky online banking still not back up :mad:

gleep wrote: »

Links Ivy?

I think you are thinking of Icesave, which was an internet only bank so it was a completely different situation.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/banking_and_finance/article4894904.ece

No need to panic it is clearly just a monumental IT f*ckup, all branches and telphone banking are working completely as normal. If they were in any trouble it would have undoubtably have emerged over the last three days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

On the thread about banks in the politics section, they are saying it could be linked to other attacks on banks online. The branches are open and opearting normally, well as normal as possible.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    On the thread about banks in the politics section, they are saying it could be linked to other attacks on banks online. The branches are open and opearting normally, well as normal as possible.

****Wild speculation disclaimer*****

What it smells very much like to me is that they shutdown the backend account access systems affecting telehone banking, ATMs and branches in response to an attack on the 365online itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,198 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

So whats the deal? Should I take all my money out of there? Wild and ridiculous suggestions are welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

Well, if the bankers can give themselves a nice Christmas bonus, then it's only fair that the 'shareholders' get a Christmas bonus too! :D

I have never taken out a loan in my life so tell me what do i need a credit rating for?
    If i cant afford something i save up until i can, if more people would of done that a lot of people would not be in the mess they are in.

Good man, JONJO!

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭irishjig69b

GUESS WHO STILL HAS NOT GOT ANY POST OR A KNOCK ON THE DOOR FROM THE BANK OF IRELAND???????????????? YES FREE MONEY INDEED......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

GUESS WHO STILL HAS NOT GOT ANY POST OR A KNOCK ON THE DOOR FROM THE BANK OF IRELAND???????????????? YES FREE MONEY INDEED......

I give up... who is it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement