Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BOI having ATM network issues. Don't be left stuck this evening. - Mod note post #1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Unshelved

People are withdrawing money they dont have! something is going on!

Just heard that myself from two different sources. An ATM in Pearse St and one in Ballymun giving out free money. Wonder what the legal situation is about paying it back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Unshelved wrote: »
    Just heard that myself from two different sources. An ATM in Pearse St and one in Ballymun giving out free money. Wonder what the legal situation is about paying it back?

Allow me to clarify: you will have to pay it back or you will be done for theft.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

queues of pyjama and unemployed knacker types queueing at the BOI in Fairview for the last couple of hours. Overheard from them that they have no $ in their accounts but it's giving them 500 euros anyway. They are going around different machines in Coolock, Fairview etc. So there you go. Crazy sh*t. Have a BOI account with no money but i'd imagine they'd expect a working person to pay it back, doubt the inner city types will have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Stuart mulvaney

Dose anyone know if the BOI technical issue is Solved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

I'd love to see those idiots faces when they get their next statement.

• Advertisement

lol balance will be €€€€€ OD People that nevery even use there accounts that much are probly at ATM's now 1 by 1

Using multiple ATMs may demonstrate intent to defraud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

tbh wrote: »
    Allow me to clarify: you will have to pay it back or you will be done for theft.

But could i loan out this money i don't own, ask the govermet to sort it out for me and go about my buisness?:p

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

The shit's gonna hit the fan over this one. I expect Joe Duffy to be called when the statements come in.

You could try ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

RonMexico wrote: »
    I'd love to see those idiots faces when they get their next statement.

Can't wait to see their faces on crimestoppers,there are cameras in and at each and every ATM at the banks.

The shit's gonna hit the fan over this one. I expect Joe Duffy to be called when the statements come in.

Yeah I can hear it now. "I deliberately took out money I knew I didn't have and now they want it back Joe. It's a disgrace so it is".

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Anyone withdrawing money they do not have in their account is somewhat ridiculously shortsighted.

Anyone withdrawing money they do not have in their account is somewhat ridiculously shortsighted.

Not if you've never worked, and never will work, which was the vibe i was getting off the types queueing in Fairview. What are they going to do, prosecute 1000s of people, put them in jail?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

One of the girls i know was saying on Facebook there's like 100 people queuing outside one, and everyone was commenting going yeah they're giving out free money quick. I tried tell them twice, but they didn't listen. See who'll be the one laughing when the systems are back up!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

Lets be honest about it. Do any of you here think it will actually bother these people one IOTA about the fact that the bank will want their money back? They have no money/are on welfare/ just after getting docked again today and Christmas is coming. If it goes to court, they will offer a fiver a month / get free legal aid and the banks will have to take it. Bout time the banks got a bit of their own medicine imo.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

There seems to be hundreds outside boi in ballyfermot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

the machines are not reading the cards

Try putting in a wrong pin number.... :rolleyes:

The machines were not checking / debiting your ONLINE balance up until about 6 p.m. Each and every transaction was / is recorded on the ATM machine itself and can be cross referenced against withdrawals.

Those who think the bank won't debit accounts are idiots.

stepbar wrote: »
    Try putting in a wrong pin number.... :rolleyes:

The machines were not checking your ONLINE balance up until about 6 p.m. Each and every transaction was / is recorded on the ATM machine and can be cross referenced against withdrawals.

Those who think the bank won't debit accounts are idiots.
    Thing is, they don't care because they have no money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

tbh wrote: »
    Yeah I can hear it now. "I deliberately took out money I knew I didn't have and now they want it back Joe. It's a disgrace so it is".

Terdible Joe, terdible terdible terdible!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

:D Its true i took out €500 and i only had €165, they can go sing for it if they think there geting it back.
    Theres rakes of texts going around about it, happy xmas everyone:p

:D Its true i took out €500 and i only had €165, they can go sing for it if they think there geting it back.

Yeah well thanks for stealing from people like me who pay tax. Ultimately the gov will just have to give more money to BOI to cover the losses today. We all suffered in the budget today enough, without people like you robbing us too.

Congratulations. You now have an overdraft to pay off.
    Anyone with any sense please do not put yourself in a situation where you think you're going to be happier spending or withdrawing money you do not have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

They know that you got money that didn't belong to you though...they will take all the appropriate steps to get it back.

This has happened before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Thing is, they don't care because they have no money.

It's not a new phenomenon.....

they did are they runng again yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

Robin Hood, Robin Hood !!! BOI seals from the rich to give to the poor!!! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

ch750536 wrote: »
    Name the last time this happened?
    Name the last time there was a proposed run on the banks by a worldwide known person?

Does Jim Corr not suggest it al the time?

But then he owes the banks millions so probably has an agenda.

Where was Cantona's anti capitalist rants while collecting his wages from Utd?

• Advertisement

Sungodbr wrote: »
    I hear bank of irelands systems failed and ye can take out money if its not in ure account ...

If it is not in your account it is not your money and it therefore theft. Every ATM has a camera recording your mug too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

hmmm wrote: »
    What may be happening is that BOI are allowing small withdrawals to be made to a certain limit until their main system comes back online. When the system returns, all those people will be charged healthy overdraft fees if appropriate. Good, because they are gob****es if they think they can get free money.

Do you honestly think people will pay the money back?

fraud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭soden12

RonMexico wrote: »
    If it is not in your account it is not your money and it therefore theft. Every ATM has a camera recording your mug too.

Well... we've just pumped in 80 billion into the banks to cover their theft, fraud, duplicity and deceit.

The cameras were recording the bwankers mugs as well but no action was ever taken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭jaffa20

I can't believe people actually think they are getting free money:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

jaffa20 wrote: »

^^ This.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Captain_Generic

"Those customers withdrawing more than they have in their accounts will incur normal charges." according to a BOI spokesman.

RTE News

Have fun standing around in the cold though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

This is hilarious, I thought the talk of queues at ATMs was just hearsay until I saw the photo just posted. No doubt when these transactions appear on these peoples accounts it's going to be everyone's fault but theirs.

"Those customers withdrawing more than they have in their accounts will incur normal charges." according to a BOI spokesman.

RTE News

Have fun standing around in the cold though!

again. THESE PEOPLE HAVE NO MONEY OR JOBS!!!!! So it doesn't matter!!!

The banks were reckless with our money. Revenge is sweet.................

It will be...

for the banks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

msg11 wrote: »
    Will it work with other cards ?
    Yep. Go for it!

:D

• Advertisement

Another free hand out Jonjo, why worry when chances are it's only the tax payers who will be hit with repaying this. Wonder if you'd be saying happy xmas if the budget had taken 500 euro from your dole over the coming year, somehow I imagine you'd be the first one on here crying about what an injustice it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

jaffa20 wrote: »

Maybe its just the start of the IMF money starting to roll in ?

OK folks. It's called a forced overdraft. You will be charged more for it.
    The banks will pursue you for the money.
    Anyone advocating a run on the banks will have their posts deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Mister men wrote: »

They wont have a choice. It will be debited from their a/c. If they dont have the money they will take out an overdraft and get charged. Fair price for stupidity I think

It's like some bloke standing there handing out wonga only to people who can't pay it back. I would say it will be Christmas 2020 again they get it back. If they are lucky.;)

Dose anyone have the picture of the ATM Q

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Mister men wrote: »

It'll be an overdraft on their account so will have no choice, every time monety is credited to their account the overdraft will be serviced by that credit.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    It'll be an overdraft on their account so will have no choice, every time monety is credited to their account the overdraft will be serviced by that credit.

are you all mad? what if you dont work or have an income!!!!!???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

OisinT wrote: »
    Yep. Go for it!

Too hell with it, I will only end up paying for it in the end... For peoples information it's 5€ or 10€ a day if the overdraft is not brought under control.

So €100 over 10 days @ €10 a day will give you €100 interest...

Also, this will effect your credit rating and you may not be able to open a new bank account until the balance is cleared.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Unshelved

http://twitpic.com/3dtvq6

Queue outside ATM in Walkinstown apparently

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement