Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI having ATM network issues. Don't be left stuck this evening. - Mod note post #1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Lots of mad people in this debate but I'm not one of them, where do you think social welfare gets paid into these days.
    Post office? That's where i got mine few years back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Lots of mad people in this debate but I'm not one of them, where do you think social welfare gets paid into these days.

NOT YOUR BANK ACCOUNT IS WHERE!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

:D Its crazy around here at the moment, there a massive queue at the atm down the street, cars parked on the pavement and everything, ive never seen the like, i have gotten about 9 texts so far about it.

Then the banks will go get a court judgement against these people and their credit rating will be ruined. Hence more money for lawyers and a bunch of shortsighted people will be angry when they can't get a car loan. Or a mortgage. Or any kind of loan from a financial institution. There is no such thing as free money folks.

LOL like they care about credit rating! Car loan? Mortgage? They'll never work and probably never have! Jesus man are you mad?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

:D Its crazy around here at the moment, there a massive queue at the atm down the street, cars parked on the pavement and everything, ive never seen the like, i have gotten about 9 texts so far about it.

Jonjo seriously kid. You're not going to get away with free money. Even the level of administration involved will not deter the banks in getting their money back or a judgement against you which could reflect negatively on you when you need or want a loan in the future. Go home. Pour yourself a drink and be glad you're not part of this nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Another free hand out Jonjo, why worry when chances are it's only the tax payers who will be hit with repaying this. Wonder if you'd be saying happy xmas if the budget had taken 500 euro from your dole over the coming year, somehow I imagine you'd be the first one on here crying about what an injustice it was.

It's alright Jonjo, I pay a shit load of tax. You can have a bit of craic with my share.

-Funk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭Realtine

You'd think BOI would be aware of this action by now?????
    aww well, maybe this was what was meant by a run on the banks, taking money out of accounts that there's no money in.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

How often do you think welfare recipients credit their accounts einstein?

Every time they get a state payment. Thank for the complement.
    On a more serious note, it's looking bad for the country if this is the level of financial comprehension by both certain posters here and those withdrawing cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

lol, there really are some awful idiots in this shítehole of a country. Ah well, thanks for providing me with a bit of entertainment anyways!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Some people are just stupid beyond belief, bank systems will have built in redundancy to take limited transactions(if allowed by the bank) if the core system is down and will just push the updates to peoples accounts once the full system is back up and you'll be smacked with over draft charges and depending on how much or how many atms you went to you may also be handed a nice court date for fraud and a criminal record.
    Do you enjoy working for BOI? ;)
    I can safely say I don't work in this bank or any other bank!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭12 element

9 people have text you to tell you about a long queue at an atm?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Stuart mulvaney

They will be away if there is anyone reading these treads

They will be aware if there is anyone reading these treads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

This is like Project Mayhem except everyone goes back to -500 rather than 0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Then the banks will go get a court judgement against these people and their credit rating will be ruined. Hence more money for lawyers and a bunch of shortsighted people will be angry when they can't get a car loan. Or a mortgage. Or any kind of loan from a financial institution. There is no such thing as free money folks.

Unless you're a major financial institution..
    Our providing them with free money will have ramifications that will be felt for many years.
    Regarding this situation, though, i agree with the general point you're making.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Realtine wrote: »
    You'd think BOI would be aware of this action by now?????
    aww well, maybe this was what was meant by a run on the banks, taking money out of accounts that there's no money in.....

I'd say they already know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

i'm incredibly disappointed by this behavior. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Captain_Generic

"Insufficient funds" AIB tells me, i'm changing banks, who do they think they are!

it will most probly be in the paper tomoro "ATM FREE MONEY"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

12 element wrote: »
    9 people have text you to tell you about a long queue at an atm?

No people telling me to go to the A.T.M, the 2 sisters have rang as well, its bedlam here, the pubs are going to have a good night tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sandmanporto

I had an issue with permanent atms 2 years or so ago.. everybody was queing up at midnight to get money out but there was a problem.. we were stranded. hasnt happened since!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Anyone know how much cash is actually in an average atm ( machine) . Presumably they'll just run out of allotted cash before long and that will be that for the night?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Lads I'm sure the people in those queues really don't care that they may be given an overdraft to pay back or a bad credit rating. Let's face it, they're not going to bring 1000's of people to court and the people in the queues are just going to go from atm to atm until there is nothing left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

There's no such thing as free money folks.

GOBSHITES

dav3 wrote: »
    Lads I'm sure the people in those queues really don't care that they may be given an overdraft to pay back or a bad credit rating. Let's face it, they're not going to bring 1000's of people to court and the people in the queues are just going to go from atm to atm until there is nothing left.

There are a lot of people on this thread who just can't get their heads around this... seriously!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭terenc

I have access to a J.C.B. no need to worry about about ATM's not dispensing money in the usual manner.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

hmmm wrote: »
    What may be happening is that BOI are allowing small withdrawals to be made to a certain limit until their main system comes back online. When the system returns, all those people will be charged healthy overdraft fees if appropriate. Good, because they are gob****es if they think they can get free money.
    And there you have it folks, the development of the Irish banking crisis in a nutshell. Only with mortgages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Every time they get a state payment. Thank for the complement.

Actually no, welfare payments are paid into the hand now im afraid.

So yeah, the people with their wages paid into their accounts will be debited but the people with dormant accounts or accounts that dont use it anymore had a nice little earner tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

I find this all very amusing. How incompetent can one bank be?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement