Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roads???

• 07-12-2010 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hey, i might be headin to cork city this evening and am wondering can anyone tell me what way the roads are like from waterford city? Snow gone, icey, black ice!!!!! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Black Dog

Radio reports said that the roads around Youghal were particularly dangerous but I imagine that all roads are to be approached with great caution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

that whole section between Dungarvan & Youghal can be suspect at the best of times with fog and stuff but the roads there have been no fun of late.

Maybe a tel call to the local Bus Eireann folks might help, they are doing the trip every hour so would be best informed as to road conditions, albeit for buses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

Hello jm99

I drove down from Waterford to Cork yesterday afternoon. I found the worst parts to be Youghal-Killeagh-Castlemartyr-Midleton, it was noticeable that there was still ice/snow on the margins of the roads here and the low sun made it very difficult. I drove down from Glanmire to Cork airport for the red-eye this morning, the roads and the pavements were like glass, 5MPH max. I don't think Cork had any snowfall today, there was some light rain yesterday evening but I don't think the air temp. went much below zero.

I hope this helps, just take it easy and drive defensively. On a related note, I continue to be absolutely amazed by the crass stupidity of some drivers in these conditions. Lorry drivers are the worst, absolute fckwits from what I can see.

SSE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭jm99

Thanks lads, I think i'll leave it. Dont mind driving down tonight but I would be afraid it would take me forever to get home in the morning

Advertisement