Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possibly no water in Dublin 7pm-7am tomorrow

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Dublin forum
    >

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Yeah all those bursting pipes in Goatstown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Will yeh look out the window? Plenty of uisce!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,510 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

so all the snow has started to melt yet we've no water?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Which Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

ScumLord wrote: »
    Which Dublin?

Dublin, Mars.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,031 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

so all the snow has started to melt yet we've no water?

Plenty of water in the Liffey too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

ScumLord wrote: »
    Which Dublin?

it will cover the entire county including the 4 local authorities. city and county wide.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Aparently it's because some lovely people have been running their taps continuously since the cold snap started.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Aparently it's because some lovely people have been running their taps continuously since the cold snap started.

Anybody else supporting water charges yet ?

But I digress.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

April fools?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

AH to Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

In this as in so many situations, we must turn to the wisdom of Homer Simpson.

Water water everywhere, so let's all have a drink.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Oh ffs...

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Sandraf

Was on the 1pm news water will probably be off in Dublin from 7pm to 7am from tonight. The Authorities are going to make a decision during the afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Anyone know the areas affected ? Dublincity.ie still down and twitter has no other info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Ste- wrote: »
    Anyone know the areas affected ? Dublincity.ie still down and twitter has no other info.

Just said on the news on RTE 1 there that it's Dublin city, Dun Laoghaire Rathdown, South Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

It's for reasons like this that I'd support water charges. If these muppets who run their water constantly had to pay for it that particular problem would soon be sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Oh Joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Immaculata

Fingal's website says the following areas: Bayside, Balbriggan and the Lanesborough will be without water from 7pm to 7am. Visit fingalcoco.ie for more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

And how much does the tank in an average attic hold?
    Plenty to get ye thru the night

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

If you use water sparingly tonight i.e. dont flush toilets, run taps for no reason there should be enough in an average tank to easily have a couple of hot showers in the morning.

Fill your kettle, don't flush, don't use washing machine or dishwasher and most households should be ok.

What a bloody pain in the wotsits though. I'd throttle anyone who told me they ran their water constantly to avoid pipes freezing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

While I take the point that we've not had winters this cold, regularly. I've not heard of so many problems with pipes freezing and bursting either. I suspect its another consequence of poor built housing during the boom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

1620 Dublin City Council has appealed again for members of the public not to go hoarding water in their baths.
    They have confirmed that all areas will have their supply restricted, particularly over the next three nights, from 7pm to 7am.
    A map with a schedule of areas affected by restrictions over the next three nights can be found at www.dublincity.ie.
    from rté -- so is the water going off or just restricted?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Ah, I have a few bottles of water in the bathroom from January that I reserved for the cistern during the last drought. I refused to waste the water by throwing it away and kept saying that we'd need it again. Looks like tonight is my lucky night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Ah DLR literally updated their blog at 17.00, Loughlinstown/Ballybrack are without water 7-7 tonight. We rang as our pressure seriously dropped & seems Churchtown isn't on the list. So maybe just a leak somewhere.

http://dlremergencyupdates.blogspot.com/ seems we might have reduced pressure

• Registered Users Posts: 40 formernyer

Dublin City Council update including areas where supply will be cut off or restricted:

http://dublincity.wordpress.com/2010/12/07/water-supply-update-7th-december-2010/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Your tank should have plenty of water to get you through a night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

In theory there should be enough water to last for at least 24 hours in your tank. There are still houses that have their toilet cisterns connected to the mains. Everyones kitchen tap is connected to the mains. Unfortunately I think there will be an increase in demand tomorrow as people fill pots and baths.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 marchantnick

Does this affect the heating system?

We have gas-fired heating, which I'm guessing must heat water for the radiators, then run into the tank. If there is no mains water coming in to the system, then is there a risk it might burn itself out?

Advertisement