Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for house to rent in gstones..

Options
  • 07-12-2010 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

hi
    i might be on the wrong forum...i am looking for a 3+ bed house with garden that takes dogs for max 1100euro a month to rent in greystones/delgany. i have looked on boards for property section but cannot find one?!..i imagine there is one there!! sorry if i am posting in the wrong forum.
    thanks
    ashmac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,934 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

daft.ie is the best site for rentals - doesn't seem to be much around at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭ashmac

thanks. have been trying daft for weeks now. dunno what the story is but there seems to be a major shortage of 3/4/5 beds in gstones or delgany. my max is 1100. stuck an wanted ad on DAFT so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

What about this one?
    http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=966390
    IT says available for 4 months, but at the top says minimum lease 6 months... might be worth contacting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

It's possible that your budget for that size house is going to be a limiting factor in the general area.
    2 beds houses in Charlesland are renting for about 1000 per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Matt Le Tissue

I suspect the fact that you have dogs is going to be a major limiting factor.
    Having said that, houses are far and few between for rent in Greystones.

• Advertisement

I suspect the fact that you have dogs is going to be a major limiting factor.
    Having said that, houses are far and few between for rent in Greystones.

nail on the head!! we could be in a cosy 3 bed apt now if we didnt have the dogs but saying that i would rather wait cause i love my dogs!
    i dont know why but youre right, they are few and far between. i guess the whold property bubble burst effects every aspect of the market.

Rasmus wrote: »
    What about this one?
    http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=966390
    IT says available for 4 months, but at the top says minimum lease 6 months... might be worth contacting them.

no dogs allowed!!!
    can i just point out that when a landlord says no dogs...and his/her property is STILL up for rent 2 months later...he/she has lost out on over 2 grand already!! logic???.....!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

ashmac wrote: »
    no dogs allowed!!!
    can i just point out that when a landlord says no dogs...and his/her property is STILL up for rent 2 months later...he/she has lost out on over 2 grand already!! logic???.....!!

The same can be said about the pub unit in Charlesland!

Kennedy Wright in the Charlesland Centre have a note in their window looking for people to rent out their property - perhaps letting them know you are looking for a 3 bed to rent locally (and have dogs) might increase efforts. Talk with Katie in there and let her know, something suitable might come in - you neve know.

http://www.kennedywright.ie/ContactUs.aspx
    Tel: 01 287 1905

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

astrofluff wrote: »
    The same can be said about the pub unit in Charlesland!

Kennedy Wright in the Charlesland Centre have a note in their window looking for people to rent out their property - perhaps letting them know you are looking for a 3 bed to rent locally (and have dogs) might increase efforts. Talk with Katie in there and let her know, something suitable might come in - you neve know.

http://www.kennedywright.ie/ContactUs.aspx
    Tel: 01 287 1905

thanks. gave them a call and nowt at the moment.!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Pixied

Hi

I've been browsing for a 3 bed+ house in those areas also. Alot of houses which do come up for rent seem to stay on daft or similar for some time before they are actually rented out, there were the odd exception. I have a suspicion that the rent being asked is probably not the rent being eventually paid in a lot of cases. Four beds in particular seem very expensive and slow to rent. I have also noticed that alot of three bed properties are actually quite small in size fo the rent- so watch out for that.

Best of luck, it must definitely be harder with some dogs but you never know, you might find somewhere very soon. :)

• Advertisement

Hi
    Just posting again because we are STILL!! looking! 3/4 bed house (need garden), Greystones/Delgany, ok with dogs, max 1100 a month, min year lease. Reliable family - 2 v. young kids, no parties/hassle. Ready to move, have furniture but can store it if needs be.
    Please keep an eye out.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Pixied

God that's terrible and there is so many houses to rent there on Daft for the last few months!

If I was losing all that rent I'd be revising a no dogs policy in this climate- especially since more people have even less to spend on rent with the budget cuts coming into effect from Janauary :eek:

Best of luck and fingers crossed for you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭dudmis

Hi, I've just rented out a house in Greystones and got the property for $200 less than was advertised! If you expand your search to include properties for over 1100, you might find someone willing to neg. Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,934 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Advertisement