Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E72 error after update

• 07-12-2010 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi, I have a Jasper 512mb xbox jtag'd at 8199. This morning I tried updating it using fbBuild and when I completed that I went to reboot after updflash.bin I received an E72 error with one red ring. I can still boot into Xellous and have my NAND backed up( Don't think its the original) I'm currently trying to fix it myself now but to no avail. Any ideas of what to do?

If I don't figure it out myself I'll pay for one of you modders to do it :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

have you tried rebooting into the Dashboard - does it always give E72?

Have you got an original nand dump? Open up the dump you have in 360 Flash Tool and read what it says at the very bottom (e.g. XBR/Freeboot or Retail v3.0 Falcon or whatever)

There'll be no need to pay somebody - we'll get you sorted. Follow my JTAG sticky (on the later pages) for manual instructions on how to use fbBuild :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Du

Yeah, it always gives an E72 error with the bottom right ring flashing red when i turn it on normally, and the fan is really loud.

On 360 Flash Tool on the bottom it says XBR/Freeboot Jasper (v4.0), I'll read your instructions now and see what happens

Edit: After I took a second back-up NAND two seconds ago from
    xellousscreen.png
    And on Xell on my xbox it said
    SFCX: Bad block found at 0000008C

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

just an idea, but you might have the alternative AUD_CLAMP wiring and you are using un changed SMC?

Which dump did you use with fbbuild? XBR or the original one?

I havn't got my original NAND so yeah I used the XBR NAND with fbbuild. I think I have the AUD_CLAMP wiring and no I didnt use a changed SMC, I used the one extracted from 360 Flash Dump Tool.

• Advertisement

Du wrote: »
    I havn't got my original NAND so yeah I used the XBR NAND with fbbuild. I think I have the AUD_CLAMP wiring and no I didnt use a changed SMC, I used the one extracted from 360 Flash Dump Tool.

if you can boot to Xell try flashing from linux as per this guide (step 9). It handles the bad blocks better. Your bad block is very close to the beginning of the nand. I had similar problems with one of the Jaspers (bad block @ 78) and flashing from gentoo resolved it.

Ok I'll give that a shot now thanks.

btw did you burn Debian v5.0 Mini LiveCD on a 4.7GB DVD or would my Verbatim DL discs work that I used to use for playing 360 games with?

Du wrote: »
    Ok I'll give that a shot now thanks.

btw did you burn Debian v5.0 Mini LiveCD on a 4.7GB DVD or would my Verbatim DL discs work that I used to use for playing 360 games with?

4.7gb will do fine

Burnt it, runs fine, until I get to this screen, no IP shows. :(
    File?id=dnfmv5h_44dm2wkgjb_b

Anyone able to fix it themselves? I'll pay, I've tried so many things

Xellous should remap the bad block all by itself for you.

But gentoo way might be better. Don't worry about lack of IP, you're not flashing over the network.

• Advertisement

Xellous should remap the bad block all by itself for you.

But gentoo way might be better. Don't worry about lack of IP, you're not flashing over the network.

Xellous handles the bad blocks but sometimes it doesn't do it well. Like I mentioned before I had very similar issue.

Du: Do you have network cable connected? if you are in Dublin I might be able to help you.

docentore wrote: »
    Xellous handles the bad blocks but sometimes it doesn't do it well. Like I mentioned before I had very similar issue.

Du: Do you have network cable connected? if you are in Dublin I might be able to help you.

Oh I agree with you. If Xellous fails, Gentoo to the rescuuuuuue :D

docentore wrote: »

Yeah the IP comes up now when I have the network cable connected (after a few goes though), going to try it now and see what happens.
    Yeah I live in Dublin and would be able to deliver it anywhere so if I can't do it maybe you could help for a fee ofc :)

Ok well I managed to completely **** up my jtag so now Xellous doesn't even boot and all I get is a black screen when I boot up my Xbox. :(

looking for a new jtag now !

Arrange to drop it off with somebody in the console services sticky offering jtags, you've just done something with the nand you shouldn't have. Provided you kept your keyvault or your initial dump you'll be fine, bring those with the box to whomever you choose - no need to look for a new jtag yet :)

Yeah I have the KV raw, CPU Key and NAND I had before messing around.
    I'll contact some people now thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

If you can see the green power light in the centre of the ROL when you press power, you're well safe.. It's when you press power and nothing happens you wanna panic!

It had never happened to me once (outta I dunno how many Jtags I've done), then 2 different Jtags did it to me in one day! They're now bricked, can't even detect it in Nandpro let alone boot..

What gets me is, I didn't do anything different to my normal routine! Ah well..

You're in good hands though, you'll get it sorted!

Check your SMC, short that sucker

Thanks for the tips TV, I checked everything multiple times and no joy unfortunately. I heard an infectus could potentially get it written to, but can't afford to find out! I eventually tried shorting, which didn't work and was not the first thing I wanted to try either. Ya win some, ya lose some..

That's a tough break dude, seriously tough. Nobody likes to see a dead JTAG :(

• Advertisement

Cheers man! What's worse is one of them was BNIB, under warranty and all! I was pretty nervous flashing for a while after, but at least I'm so much more aware of it now. Hopefully that's the last time it ever happens!

Advertisement