Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Giantbomb.com visits the oGs - Team Liquid House Korea

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Is it just me or does Huk sound a little camp? :pac:

Quite interesting little view into the kind of thing they do, wouldn't be for me though, up at 11 and straight into Starcraft 2?! I can barely get motivated to play a game in Platinum because I know I'll get stomped! :p
    Also bunk beds, must be great for bringing the ladies back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Interesting documentary!

Completely different world over there. I like Idra's standpoint. eSports needs people to be outspoken at times. Every sport (and eSport) needs its characters - Cooller for QuakeLive, Idra for Starcraft and JWong for Street Fighter (look at the mania after he was knocked out of EVO by an Adon player, after calling Adon poor).

Wouldn't fancy the 12-13 hour practice days but a 7-8 hour day is the job. With the amount of money on the line and the fact that these players are (often) being paid to compete, it is their job and should be treated as so...

^^ I'd say the bunk beds isn't an issue for some of them ;) Considering some of the top players are featured in advertisements and are treated as celebrities

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

IdrA's obviously very intelligent one has to say. The state of those living conditions are pretty pathetic however - why not just have your own place and forget about clans etc?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Orizio wrote: »
    IdrA's obviously very intelligent one has to say. The state of those living conditions are pretty pathetic however - why not just have your own place and forget about clans etc?
    Because you actually want to be competitive at the highest level?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Orizio wrote: »

You hear the old system under Kespa being talked about in the vids - that's why players had to join teams. To compete at the highest level, teams had to be registered. It was a red-tape system.

To aid the 13 hour days, players lived where they trained - cuts out commuting, etc.

Some habits are hard to break I suppose - it's worked up to now...Some don't know any different.

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    ^^ I'd say the bunk beds isn't an issue for some of them ;) Considering some of the top players are featured in advertisements and are treated as celebrities
    Still though, imagine Brad Pitt hooking up with a girl (hypothetical situation!) and going back to a cramped apartment with George Clooney, Matt Damon and the rest of Oceans 11 chilling out in their bunks:
    "Can you give us a few mins of privacy guys?"
    :D

They only get a few days off a month too? Lame!

Advertisement