Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Neo Geo hits PSN

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Fatal Fury and Art of Fighting are both fairly rubbish.

Don't know about KoF 94.

There are already better Metal Slug games available.

If they finally release Garou: Mark of the Wolves on PSN then I'd be very happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Pretty weak lineup. I do like Alpha Mission II, but it's nowhere near some of the better Neo shooters.

And what do you mean there are already better Metal Slug games? Metal Slug is the best in the series.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

KoF '94 is excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Metal Slug Anthology and Metal Slug XX are already out for PSP.

Why pay €6.99 for just Metal Slug when you can get almost every Metal Slug game for not much more?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Metal Slug Anthology and Metal Slug XX are already out for PSP.

Why pay €6.99 for just Metal Slug when you can get almost every Metal Slug game for not much more?

I thought you meant there were other Metal Slug games in the series which were better than Metal Slug. Read your post wrong...woopsy.

The line up should be -

Metal Slug
    The Last Blade 2
    MOTW
    Blazing Star
    Pulstar
    Puzzle Bobble
    Shock Troopers
    Magical Drop II
    King of Fighters 98
    Samurai Showdown II
    Wakku Wakku 7
    Neo Drift Out
    Sengoku II

Although..I think that may be asking too much :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Good selection there but I guess they'lll wheel out the big hitters slowly to milk us for more cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Fatal Fury and Art of Fighting are both fairly rubbish.

Don't know about KoF 94.

There are already better Metal Slug games available.

If they finally release Garou: Mark of the Wolves on PSN then I'd be very happy.

Ah they're not bad really. Art of Fighting is pretty fun once you get into it's...unique style. It had alot of, what were then, gimmicks which later became a mainstay of 2-D fighting games; Super combo moves and meter (kind of) and taunts. Fatal Fury is a bit less advanced, they went for a pseudo 3-D gimmick but its ok as a piece of fighting game history. KOF 94 and Samurai Shodown are the most advanced of the three games listed here.

Looks like I will have to buy some PSN points this Xmas for FF, AOF, SAM SHO and KOF; already have them on SNK classics for the Wii but it would be nice to have a portable neo geo on a memory stick. Who would have thought that 15 years ago...?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Art of fighting is kind of redundant though since you are better off with the vastly superior sequels. Same with Fatal Fury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Art of fighting is kind of redundant though since you are better off with the vastly superior sequels. Same with Fatal Fury.

Tottally agree with you on Fatal Fury, it's sole value is as a piece of fighting game history. I do like the original Art of Fighting though, if only for it's cheesy story line, stereotypical ethnic characters and excellent sound track.( It looked pretty damn good for its day too.) AOF 2 is better but I always found the story mode insanely difficult. AOF3 has by far the best gameplay but I hate the cast, setting and BGM. If it had AOF 2s cast it would have been excellent.

Advertisement