Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd v Valencia - KO 19.45 - TV3/Sky Sports 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

mars bar wrote: »
    We've seen Rooney and Berbatov do better defending than that.

Ya . It is amazing how some posters on here cannot see the blatant idiotic stuff he does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Liam O wrote: »
    yet again people get angry at Carrick because he couldn't do the centre back's job for them

Rightly so

He lost the ball very cheaply 25/30 yards from goal ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

NickDrake wrote: »
    Ya . It is amazing how some posters on here cannot see the blatant idiotic stuff he does.

Carrick has had a great few games recently, it's annoying to see him do that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Wasn't it Carrick that gave the ball away? Why are people defending him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Because he makes one mistake he's a "poor poor player", Rooney hasn't scored from play in almost 30 games, I suppose he's shíte?

Carrick has had a great few games recently, it's annoying to see him do that now.

I agree . He has played well in the league but he just is not consistent in Europe. He really struggles in the Champions League for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

It was classic Carrick. Not matter how well he is playing, he doesn't have the speed of thought or feet in a tight situation.

Having said that he had an age to decide what to do and still gave it away.

People defending him for his part in the goal really want to cop on. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Nice to know you've been watching the games this season :rolleyes:

The one thing I will blame him for tonight, is not being behind Amos to save the shot after Amos, FFS why isn't he covering everyone properly.

He delayed releasing the ball and then gave it away leading to a goal. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Rightly so

He lost the ball very cheaply 25/30 yards from goal ,

Finally a bit of sense from somebody. You can't loose a ball from there and expect nothing to happen. Teams should be punishing mistakes like that. Valencia done that. United have not.

baz2009 wrote: »
    Because he makes one mistake he's a "poor poor player", Rooney hasn't scored from play in almost 30 games, I suppose he's shíte?

One mistake??

Many many many mistakes in his career.

He has had a good run of form in the league. I have said it but he is an average player and cannot cut it in the big games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I've been enjoying Carrick's good stretch of form over the last month or so, but that was just a bad lapse of concentration, too much dallying on the ball with inevitably led to him losing the ball. I'm going to take it with a pinch of salt for now, because he was on good form, and he wasn't having a bad game up to it.

adox wrote: »
    It was classic Carrick. Not matter how well he is playing, he doesn't have the speed of thought or feet in a tight situation.

Having said that he had an age to decide what to do and still gave it away.

People defending him for his part in the goal really want to cop on. :D

There seems to be a few posters who have a bit of a crush on our Michael

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Well...... maybe not great. ;)

GSPfan wrote: »
    Well...... maybe not great. ;)

Great for his standards. But good compared to others!

Ando, silly yellow card to get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

One mistake??

Many many many mistakes in his career.

He has had a good run of form in the league. I have said it but he is an average player and cannot cut it in the big games.

He was of our best players in the double winning season, he was in terrible bad form for 12/18 months, this season he's been solid, for people to jump on him calling him shíte etc. after that mistake is a bit harsh, tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Nice to know you've been watching the games this season :rolleyes:

The one thing I will blame him for tonight, is not being behind Amos to save the shot after Amos, FFS why isn't he covering everyone properly.

Bullshit. I've watched all the games this season. He's started six times this season, in the league and hasn't registered a goal or assist or be totally effective. Never a fan of his.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

There seems to be a few posters who have a bit of a crush on our Michael
    Very mature buddy :rolleyes:

And you can see why people take you, oh so serially.
    Bull****. I've watched all the games this season. He's started six times this season, in the league and hasn't registered a goal or assist or be totally effective. Never a fan of his.

The bold bit, made most of your point invalid, you're clearly biased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Carrick is sh1t for all purposes except playing the lesser teams at home where he has space. When there is even a tiny bit of pressure put on he absolutely cacks himself.

Very mature buddy :rolleyes:

And you can see why people take you, oh so serially.

Well the rubbish you have been spouting in here tonight, I doubt anyone is taking you seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,842 ✭✭✭✭28064212

baz2009 wrote: »
    He made one bad mistake, then, rather than looking around and seeing where he should be covering, made it worse by slowly jogging in the direction of the ball. He made a complete mess of it

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

Well the rubbish you have been spouting in here tonight, I doubt anyone is taking you seriously.
    Which rubbish would that be?

The fact that carrick has been playing well this season? How is that rubbish exactly?

The fact that carrick has been playing well this season? How is that rubbish exactly?

All season? What bull.

The bold bit, made most of your point invalid, you're clearly biased.

Bias aside, my post is correct. The pedastal he's held on is baffling. I've never understood why he was held with such reverence.

Defending Carrick like he is your lover and not blaming him for the goal. Even Kevin Moran and that clown of a commentator said he was in the wrong. Wait for Martin 'apparently hard' Keown to say it as well.

A blind baby with no hands even saw he was at fault.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

:D Thanks, needed a good laugh.

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    All season? What bull.

Exactly!! He is talking some amount of bull

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Pathetic first half, final ball is brutal, we are panicin under pressure and certain players couldn't finish their dinner! I really don't care about this "clean sheet record" I just want a result and right now we don't have the performance to deserve a result!

Carrick can't handle it when he is pressed, which is why his mistake cost us the goal.....horrible to see as he has been playing well recently!

If the result stay the same, United may be going out in the next round.

I don't give them a realistic chance of challenging this season tbh, but it would be nice to get to the latter stages.

On the plus side tonight so far, Rooney has looked as sharp as I have seen him in the last 9 months, and Nani for all his frustrations, still looks our most potent attacking option.

All season? What bull.

Could you possibly point out where I used the word "All", thanks very much.
    Defending Carrick like he is your lover and not blaming him for the goal. Even Kevin Moran and that clown of a commentator said he was in the wrong. Wait for Martin 'apparently hard' Keown to say it as well.

A blind baby with no hands even saw he was at fault.

I'm not saying he wasn't at fault, I just think it's ridiculous how everyone jumps on his back straight away if he makes one mistake, yet berba and park, Ando, and nani have missed chances that would have put us miles clear, and nobody really says a word.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Quandary

I've been a Carrick basher and for good reason too but this season i've been pleased with how he's done. He was doing well in this game too up until the blunder.

The goal was Carricks fault and how anyone can suggest otherwise is beyond me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

There was one almighty howler during the Spurs/Twente game for those interested...

Click here for spoiler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Depressing half!

He's had twelve appearances split between four championships and nothing stands out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

"Carrick has been playing well this season"

&

"Carrick has been playing well all season"

mean the same thing.

I think Nick has a chip on his shoulder.

ok the mistake has been made and is gone for the moment (to be discussed at the final whistle ) , All players make mistakes its part of the game , its now they react to these mistakes that separates average players from top players , Can Carrick put it behind him and rise his game and help Utd get back into it ? I Hope I am wrong ,but I just can't see him doing it .

Having said that I can see the team as a whole been able to get us the result we need ,Lets be honest if berbs and co finishing was a bit sharper we would be comfortable and in total control.

keane2097 wrote: »

&

mean the same thing.
    How the fúck do they mean the same thing?

I'm not saying he wasn't at fault, I just think it's ridiculous how everyone jumps on his back straight away if he makes one mistake, yet berba and park, Ando, and nani have missed chances that would have put us miles clear, and nobody really says a word.

Stop being pedantic. The only time Carrick has played well this season is at home against teams who give him time on the ball. This has been the only time he has been decent in the past 2 years. He has absolutely no composure on the ball when he is pressed. He would actually look an even worse player if he was back playing with Spurs or West Ham because no team would give him the time.

Nailz wrote: »
    I think Nick has a chip on his shoulder.

I am not the only one having a go at Carrick. Why target me? Chip on your shoulder??

I stated he was good the last few games and has simplified his game. In those match threads I stated that we proved me wrong and improved.

I stated he was poor tonight. Nothing wrong with that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Carrick completed 35/40 passes in that half , played a few balls for Berbatov through . Big mistake for goal though .

• Advertisement

keane2097 wrote: »

&

mean the same thing.
    Not necessarily, 'all season' implies he played well for every most games this season - which he hasn't even played in most of them. 'This season', to me, implies - the season overall. That's my opinion.

Stop being pedantic. The only time Carrick has played well this season is at home against teams who give him time on the ball. This has been the only time he has been decent in the past 2 years. He has absolutely no composure on the ball when he is pressed. He would actually look an even worse player if he was back playing with Spurs or West Ham because no team would give him the time.
    I'm not being pedantic, I'm correcting you for making a stupid mistake.

Anyway, I can't be bothered, I'm just going to enjoy the match, it's like dealing with infantile retards.

And I can't wait to hear your replies, I'm sure they'll all be hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

The atmosphere is ****e at Old Trafford atm.

I'm not being pedantic, I'm correcting you for making a stupid mistake.

Anyway, I can't be bothered, I'm just going to enjoy the match, it's like dealing with infantile retards.

And I can't wait to hear your replies, I'm sure they'll all be hilarious.

:pac:

You're like a child. You don't hear what you like and instead of discussing it you go off in a huff. Gas.

Of to BetFair to bet on Carrick scoring the winner :D

I'm not saying he wasn't at fault

Why is everyone blaming Carrick?

Hardly his fault he was left to cover, he's not a defender tbh.
    :D

:pac:

You're like a child. You don't hear what you like and instead of discussing it you go off in a huff. Gas.
    I did discuss it, to which the point was made that I must have a crush on carrick, and that I am his boyfriend or some other retarded shít.

You picked on sentence I said, and was wrong, hence I corrected you, to which you just called me pedantic, it's funny really.

Smalling seems to be coming on. Awful cross by Fabio.

I thought it was Vidic that was gonna come off...

C'mon Nani or Rooney!

• Advertisement

I am not the only one having a go at Carrick. Why target me? Chip on your shoulder??

I stated he was good the last few games and has simplified his game. In those match threads I stated that we proved me wrong and improved.

I stated he was poor tonight. Nothing wrong with that
    You've been the most outspoken about it man. As regards a chip on my shoulder, nope, not me. I've criticised Carrick when he definitely deserved it, minding not to go overboard on ludicrous anti-Carrick statements, as I'm not anti-Carrick, I'm pro-United. And I've also praised him when he was playing well, as he has been.

And I disagree with you, apart from our little mishap there, which I blame Carrick for, definitely, I thought Carrick is playing rather well today.

Advertisement