Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd v Valencia - KO 19.45 - TV3/Sky Sports 2

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

was happy enough with Rooney and Berbs tonight some nice link up play and movement on another night they could have a couple between them .
    Anderson had a good game one of his best for a while , Nice to see the Twins both start,
    OK we were sh*t for the last 20 mins or so , but got the result so I happy enough big differance between finishing 1st and 2nd .
    Roll on the gunners.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

BERBA wrote: »
    spurs wont? ...id fancy us against valencia , marseille , schalke , lyon , roma all day long ..............

I would to if Im honest ,
    But that could be for a different thread ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

1. Anderson

2. Rafael

3. Park

Decent game, though towards the end I thought we were going to get punished by the blatent disregard of possession.

Amos looked good, apart from some questionable distribution - a few nerves are obviously understandable though. Really hope Rio only came off as a precaution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Thought Ando was immense tonight.

Rooney too did some quite brilliant things, his shot in the first half was unreal, there were some delicious cross field passes, he did all the simple things very well and there was one ball through for Berba with the side of the boot that was sensational.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

we softened up inter for man yoo:D

top of the group and looking down at the current european champions , all good

Is this the Spurs thread? Cheers for ruining the highlights for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

spurs wont? ...id fancy us against valencia , marseille , schalke , lyon , roma all day long ..............

i see now why the spurs forum is needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I've gone with Anderson, Rooney and Park.

Anderson and Park made things happen and Rooney doing the simple things really well made him enjoyable to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Thought the Brazilians were great tonight, Anderson, Rafael and Fabio in that order were my MOMs.

Carrick takes a step backwards, what the hell is wrong with that guy! Rooney and Berbatov just had one of those nights, overall good performance though. Anderson is finding his form it seems.

PHB wrote: »
    Thought the Brazilians were great tonight, Anderson, Rafael and Fabio in that order were my MOMs.

Carrick takes a step backwards, what the hell is wrong with that guy! Rooney and Berbatov just had one of those nights, overall good performance though. Anderson is finding his form it seems.

Rafael was grand, Fabio not so much. He fouls a lot and gets caught out of position. He has had better days but these are the games he needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Pretty much had a shocker. Doesn't look up to playing in the first team yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Dont like the look of that new keeper, awful kick in the 2nd half should of taken a touch, wasnt great for the first goal either imo, if he getsa touch on it he should save it..As for Berb, wat a lazy cnut!!

Dont like the look of that new keeper, awful kick in the 2nd half should of taken a touch, wasnt great for the first goal either imo, if he getsa touch on it he should save it..As for Berb, wat a lazy cnut!!

He's not really new, he's just young. He has loads of time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Overall good performance???:confused: What match were you watching..

Overall good performance???:confused: What match were you watching..

The match where we had 17 shots, 10 on target

Fergie had a great line about Rooney, "He's getting there, he's getting there quick". Rooney back to form, with an inform Anderson, would lead to us having a very very strong first 11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Job done. Poor atmosphere on a bitter cold night inside the ground, one of the worst ive experienced but anyway relatively happy to get the needed result. Rooney was the pick of the lot along with park and anderson....

Just hope no snow in dublin tomorrow morning and we get home ok...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Was just saying to a mate of mine that Fabio looks a bit like (not literally - yes they are identical twins) Raf did maybe a year and a half ago. Its amazing what first team experience and more regular games can do for a player. Im confident Fab, given more minutes, will get to the level that Raf is at and go on from there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I went with Anderson Rooney Vidic.

Seriously Rooney looked as sharp as I've seen him since last March.

Berba for all his missed chances I thought played some fantastic
    Football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

for me it's Anderson, Rooney and Park.ando hopefully will push on now,get more consistent and nail down a place in the team.he offers us somthing very different from the other midfielders in the squad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Fabio had a good game? LOL! Carrick was also awful. Berbatov just had another one of "those" night. Rooney and obviously Rooney stood. All Roo needs is a goal from play and he'll be flying. I didn't think Anderson could be so good!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

adox wrote: »
    I went with Anderson Rooney Vidic.

Seriously Rooney looked as sharp as I've seen him since last March.

Berba for all his missed chances I thought played some fantastic
    Football.
    Berba was muck imo. Missed some great chances and was constantly dispossessed.
    WallyGUFC wrote: »
    Fabio had a good game? LOL! Carrick was also awful. Berbatov just had another one of "those" night. Rooney and obviously Rooney stood. All Roo needs is a goal from play and he'll be flying. I didn't think Anderson could be so good!
    no he wasn't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

What in the good fvck was Carrick doin for their goal...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

thats fo those gems :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

thats fo those gems :rolleyes:

+1 sometimes you really have to wonder what game people were watching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

I think FlawedGenius is just after a win in one of the Soccer Forum Awards this year. Wonder what category he'd be in?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

if your a united fan, then i am really really embarassed. if you dont even know the name of "that new keeper" then you should really pick another hobby aside from "supporting" united and posting about it on here.

as to call "berb" that, you dont deserve to be a united "supporter" IMO.

the more fans i come across, the larger the idiot ratio becomes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

It was Amos' first Champions League appearence and possibly only a handful of starts under his belt. I thought he played reasonably well.

The Valencia goal was a good goal and I felt it would present a tough shot to stop. Awful kick indeed but he'll have plenty more kicks; that's just nitpicking.

Berbatov isn't a "lazy cnut". :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

It was Amos' first Champions League appearence and possibly only a handful of starts under his belt. I thought he played reasonably well.

The Valencia goal was a good goal and I felt it would present a tough shot to stop. Awful kick indeed but he'll have plenty more kicks; that's just nitpicking.

Berbatov isn't a "lazy cnut". :rolleyes:
    Course he is, that's what the papers say isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Dave! wrote: »
    Course he is, that's what the papers say isn't it?

You're delusional. ;)

Advertisement