Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My Life In Starcraft - Day[9]

• 07-12-2010 3:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

I think Day[9] is really interesting and I love his outlook on the aspects of Starcraft and eSports and so on. I read the recent article written by a mother who was shown a daily and it is clear why the video stood out to her.

I watched episode #100 there for the first time and it is an incredible mini-documentary. Would advise Starcraft fans, eSports fans and gamers to watch.

I think this may have been the daily that the mother was shown. It's two hours long so make yourself comfortable!

Have to say, I'm also looking forward to the 'Day in the life of Day[9]' that was promised...

🤪

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Yea, I watched it again the other day and thought "wow, this guy really is an amazing ambassador for eSports and computer gaming in general."

He's funny, passionate and puts it in terms anyone can understand. He speaks with utter conviction without preaching or being aloof or elitist.

Also - TRUMPETS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

I used to only think Day9 was just okay. Didn't watch much of his stuff really, then one day I stumbled across the daily #100 and from then on I loved the guy. Such an awesome watch.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    I think Day[9] is really interesting and I love his outlook on the aspects of Starcraft and eSports and so on.......

I think this may have been the daily that the mother was shown. It's two hours long so make yourself comfortable!..
    Am still working my through this one......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Dante

He always reminded me of JD from Scrubs. The OP's video brings back some serious memories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Bhoy_

If anyone else was wondering about the article where the mother watched day9's video: http://gatewaytogold.com/?p=174

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Thanks for posting the article...which I overlooked linking :)

I also enjoy how Day[9] Scream is one of the related videos - anyone catch that bit in one of the MLG shows where he was asked a question by his co-caster and he knew his mic was just turned off and heard himself screaming in his earpiece? Ah, good times!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 19 BoB_DoG

This is an amazing video, one of the finest you'll see on the web. e-sports needs more people like Sean.
    This video has early has 700K views! I would urge everyone who hasn't seen it to do so, whether you love games or not, you'll learn something and be entertained in a way that is rare on the internet.

Advertisement