Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pay problem

Options
  • 07-12-2010 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hi there guys, im looking for some help on this if anyone could help.

basically i have been employed now for a year and a half with my current work, and i have ben paid a weekly wage which was my choice, but i have now requested that i want to go onto a monthly wage,

when i started, i worked a week in leau, on weekly pay, and i am salaried per annum. Basically my wage is split up over 52 weeks,

im due to start monthly wage january 1st, to be paid on the last friday in january.

So in theory i should get paid the first week in january for the last week in december, and then i would get my week in leau back the following week (second week in january)

As noone else in the company has any time in leau as they all started on a monthly wage, i feel as though i should be on the same level too, but i am being told that i wont get my week in leau back until my employment stops with the employer. Is this right?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭encyclopedia

Because you started working the week in leau and are now changing it I would imagine that they are well within there rights to do it this way, they are not denying you the pay as you will get it when/if you leave.

Are you changing by request or are you being ordered to do so, if it is the latter I would query it with management, if it is the former it may be seen that they are doing you a favour by changing your pay structure now

Advertisement