Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone flying out from Dublin Airport tomorrow who wants a lift down?

Options
  • 07-12-2010 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭

I wouldn't even expect any money for petrol etc, I'd just like an extra pair of eyes as I'll be driving on unfamiliar roads in an unfamiliar car.

Full disclosure: there will be a cat (in a carrier) and a dog (loose but good traveller) in the back seat. There would be space in the boot for a normal sized suitcase.

I'd be leaving Galway City as close to 10am as possible, with the way the roads are I'd expect the journey to take at least 3 hours.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Don't worry about the roads Xiney. Couldn't be easier. When you get to the M50 stay in the middle lanes and keep your eye out to the left for the airport sign...You'll turn off to the left and keep going toward the airport sign. You'll be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Xiney, best of luck to yourself and himself and the pets. Safe travel and all the best for your new future over there!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Thanks guys, I'm just nervous. I once drove a Renault Megane for about 300m but that's the height of my experience with cars larger than sub-compact...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Just remember to pay the barrier-free toll on M50 Northbound the next day.
    http://www.eflow.ie/ or https://csc.eflow.ie/myaccount/payUTT.aspx

Happy travels :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Do you need a sat nav? Gimme a txt if you do. Although I dont know how much help it would be with new roads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I have a sat nav, thanks though!

(it's not too bad with the new roads, you just ignore the fact that it's telling you about roundabouts and go through the intersections like you would have if they were still roundabouts, ie, 2nd exit go straight etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Safe travels :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,517 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Any car should be fine, you've motorway the whole way, you'll be in the same gear most of the time, take it handy

Safe journey

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Good luck, Galway will miss you!

Advertisement